Dish Dvr 625 Caller Id Problems

boogie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Greetings, we have just purchased a new 625 Dual DVR from Dish. We can't get the Caller ID feature to work. I have talked to several tech people at Dish and they can't help. Anyone with suggestions. Thanks!

I know this might sound stupid but three things.

Do you have caller ID service on your phone service?
Do you have the caller ID enabled from the 625 menu?
Is the phone jack you have connected to the 625 working?

Yes, we have tried all of these. There is a green ground wire hanging from the back of the DVR box. Does this have to be connected to something? Thank you!

Yes, to all of your questions. We have a green ground wire hanging from the DVR box. Does it have to be connected? Could my DVR be bad? Thanks!

Testing the modem

How do I do that? I did a test where I dialed out and a message said that the phone connection was ok. Should I do something else?

Have you tried a phone on the line just to make sure it works ok? I have a 625 that the id works on about 3/4 of the time. When it does not work I go to:menu/ system setup/ diagnostics/ connection. This will test the modem. Usually it will take about 30 seconds and say connection failed and if I hit the button to try it again it will say "ok". Seems to work for a while until a spike or power line blink and then have to do it again.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Yes, the phone line is working. Tonight we ordered a PPV movie. It worked. I called Dish today. They are going to send me a new DVR. I really don't think I need a new DVR, but I'll try it.
Thanks!

Hit and Miss

Caller ID on my 625 is hit and miss. It probably has a 50% success rate. When it doesn't work I usually go to the caller ID system menu to disable and re-enable it. Not sure if that helps.....I just read somewhere around here that it did.

Same issues with my 301 except instead of doing the menu dance I just hit it repeatedly and intently with a massive neodymium magnet. Works like a charm.

You would think they could have invested in the same "state of the art" technology that the $9.50 "work-every time" Wal-mart/Kmart caller ID units use....

The Caller ID on my 625 did not work--for the first time--last night. I should say, the first time since Saturday, July 7 when I had DISH Network installed. I tried the phone dial-out test and it was successful. However, I also unplugged the receiver for about 20 seconds to see if that would help.

Speaking of Caller ID, I also have a 322 receiver. Unless I cannot find it in the menus, this receiver appears to not have a logging/history display for Caller ID...am I correct? It just shows the temporary display when the phone rings.

Eric

We had a 301 before we purchased the 625 DVR. We had trouble getting the caller ID to work on the 301. Dish had to send us a new 301, then caller ID worked. I should be getting my new DVR this week. I can't wait to see if it will work. I am very persistant. I will continue to call Dish until this problem is solved. When you pay for something you want everything to work correctly.
Thanks

I agree. The 1st 625 that I had was noisy, so was the replacement. The unit that I have now is quiet...........sure hope it keeps working. Much rather have a quiet unit than one where caller ID works every call

My DVR replacement has just arrived. Hopefully, we'll get it installed tonight. Keep your fingers crossed that the Caller ID will work.
Thanks!

To bring everyone up to date about the no caller ID on 625. We received our new 625, hooked it up and caller ID did not work. So, I called Dish and they sent a tech out today. He took the 625 and moved it to another room, the room where we have a HD receiver. Guess what? It worked. So, he brought it back to the original room and Guess what? It didn't work. He pulled his hair out and now a phone tech from Dish is going to come and look at everything. Does anyone have any suggestions now?
Thanks

We are going to try it! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot. I'll let you know if it works.

Dvr Caller Id Problems

We tried switching the green & red wires; it didn't help----still no caller ID on 625 DVR. Any other suggstions?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)