Dish DVR 625 is not detecting tuner 2

jayasmi

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
New Jersey, USA
Hi,

This is my first question on this website, so here is the situation.

I used to have two dish 300 receiver at home with the following set-up.
One dish 300 with regular dual lnb (61.5) and one dish 500 with regular lnb (only 119), wires from both lnb goes in to two sw21 switches and out from each sw21 goes in to each receiver. Everything was working fine.

I just recenly update to DVR 625 (for not to have two dish 300 receiver and to have dvr function) and problem starts. When I connect both wires from sw21 switch to dvr input 1 and 2, I am able to recive signals on only on input. When I check switch I get reception verified on both tuner, but dvr shows sw21 switch on only one tuner. I switch the sw21 but still dvr shows only one tuner have sw21 swithc. I don't know what is wrong with the set-up. Please help.

Do i need to activate both tuner seprately, or just activate dvr as a whole. I activated dvr as whole.

I just want to make sure what is the right set-up before buying any new item.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks for reply.

I am using 61.5 to get international channels

Jay

jaya, very strange. I was in the same situation. I remove those wire from both basic reces and attached on the back of my dvr. working great.
It MUST be connections. or sw21. These sw21 go bad easily. Try to detach and reattached the sw21s., Antenna wire not cracked ? wire are compatible with dvr ?Let us know.

I highly recommend going with a DPP Twin on the Dish500 and a DP Single on the Dish300. In this way you can attach the 61.5W dish to the Dish500's LNB input and only need one cable to the 625.

Legacy equipment will work if the phase of the moon is correct and you've been brushing your teeth regularly, but it is a whole lot more trouble than it is worth. The likelihood of failure seems to increase exponentially with the number of connectors involved and legacy is the most connector infested technology available.

How much longer will internationals be on 61.5? What you really need to do is contact DISH about a DISH 500+ so you can get 118.7.

Hi,

This is my first question on this website, so here is the situation.

I used to have two dish 300 receiver at home with the following set-up.
One dish 300 with regular dual lnb (61.5) and one dish 500 with regular lnb (only 119), wires from both lnb goes in to two sw21 switches and out from each sw21 goes in to each receiver. Everything was working fine.

I just recenly update to DVR 625 (for not to have two dish 300 receiver and to have dvr function) and problem starts. When I connect both wires from sw21 switch to dvr input 1 and 2, I am able to recive signals on only on input. When I check switch I get reception verified on both tuner, but dvr shows sw21 switch on only one tuner. I switch the sw21 but still dvr shows only one tuner have sw21 swithc. I don't know what is wrong with the set-up. Please help.

Do i need to activate both tuner seprately, or just activate dvr as a whole. I activated dvr as whole.

I just want to make sure what is the right set-up before buying any new item.

Thanks

Jay
Jay, brother, I know every one talking about dpp lnbs. I hate spending money. I didn't give up hope. finally my dvr working great with legacy lnbs.
If you are looking for 119 or 118 or 110 you can get all these sat with your legacy lnb but for 129 I don't think you can do much about it. what dvr do you have ?
This is kind of mystry for me that what is special with sat 129 ? I know it carry HDs but whats still ...it (legacy lnb )should get 129 when same legacy lnbs works with 119 or 110...

Looks like I find the problem

Mr. XX and Jaytin,

Looks like I figure out the problem. After criss-crossing wires, tuners and SW21 switches (about 15 combinations and spending 3 hours), I find out that one wire from SW21 to tuner was not working. I am going to install new wire in the weekend and let you know.

Jay

Problem solved,

Mr. XX and Jaytin,

Looks like I figure out the problem. After criss-crossing wires, tuners and SW21 switches (about 15 combinations and spending 3 hours), I find out that one wire from SW21 to tuner was not working. I am going to install new wire in the weekend and let you know.

Jay

Hi,

I install new wire and problem solved. Everything is working with 2 regular LNB and 2 SW21 switch. No need to spend money on DPP crap.

Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)