Dish DVR Advantage rant!

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I realize this has been discussed before, but please, everyone who THINKS they have Dish DVR Advantage, please check your bill. I thought I had signed up for it in July 2007, then I read a thread here written by someone who noticed they were still being charged the DVR fee while on DVR Advantage. I checked my bill last month and sure enough I was being charged too. I called CS and got a very helpful rep that credited my bill for the back charges. This month I got DVR charges AGAIN and was billed the full amount for DVR Advantage. I called CS again this morning and was told that the first rep had not applied the code properly or something like that.

It may have been an honest mistake the first time, but the second time? What is Dish trying to pull here?

I don't think they are "trying to pull" anything actually. I think some CSRs are trained better than others and some probably know all the in-and-outs of billing codes better than others. I made a total of 7 phone calls to get my Dish-n-it-Up rebates applied. I got disconnected 4 times. Finally had to get executive resolution in on it. It finally got done and actually got done better than it would have if it had all gone along as designed.

Large organization. Many CSRs. People who call for help are often times not real happy. I try to be as nice to the CSRs as possible. THEY didn't personally screw up my DIU for example. Tell them flat out, if necessary, "I apologize in advance if I sound a bit angry. I don't mean to take it out on you, but my frustration level is very high right now and I am hoping you can help me. I've been trying for 3 days to get this straightened out and have been disconnected 4 times..."

Like everyone else, I've talked to some apparently VERY CLUELESS customer service reps. I've also talked to some folks at Dish who seem to genuinely want to get it right. *shrug*

I teach meditation classes though so maybe I'm just too mellow :)

Or maybe other people NEED to take meditation classes. :D

Thanks cparker. Maybe there's a joke in this...

How many Dish CSRs does it take to get your bill right?

All of them!

Yeah, I'm feeling a little frustrated right now. I have been with Dish for almost 8 years now and this is the first time I have had an issue that took more than one call to resolve. I guess it could be worse. At least they do a credit every time I call, even if they don't resolve the root cause of the problem.

and I'm not discounting your frustration... been there... done that.. :) I've had Dish a long time as well and NORMALLY my experience has been that things get resolved quickly and easily, as you said, with just a phone call. I think what's kind of humorous is that when things DO get bollixed up, they become such a cluster-*FARM* (I changed it for family sake) that you ALMOST have to laugh at Dish. ... like you can SEE them arriving at work in the morning. ALL of them.

And all getting out of that one little tiny car in the parking lot... with their floppy shoes and big red noses and painted on smiles.

I just checked my account to make sure I wasn't charged and saw that I am charged a leased receiver fee and an addition receiver fee. Does this sound correct I have a 622 owned and a 211 which is leased. I of course can't view my past bills so I have no idea if I have been charged this in the past.

I just checked my account to make sure I wasn't charged and saw that I am charged a leased receiver fee and an addition receiver fee. Does this sound correct I have a 622 owned and a 211 which is leased. I of course can't view my past bills so I have no idea if I have been charged this in the past.

I think your first leased receiver is supposed to be free. So if you lease one and own one, you'd only have one receiver fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)