Dish DVR Service and Protection Plan

twodose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Who subscribes to dish network's DVR service for $10 per month and the protection plan for $7 month?

I wonder what they cover and if they are worth having?

Thanks

A whole lot of us.

And, I wouldn't have sat service without DVR functionality.

Gotta have dvr!!The protection plan..it can be added for emergencies then dropped I think 180 days later?When they raised the price on it we dropped it.

Why would you pay $7 per month to cover leased equipment?

The only advantage is that you get the reduced service call rate from $95 to $15 and free shipping.

Everyone on this forum is capable of trouble shooting their own system, and unless your receiver breaks down every month, it's just cheaper to pay the shipping of $15.

For those of you who have been through several Dvr's then the protection plan may be worth it.

Personally I wouldn't pay to insure Dish Network's garbage.

With that said, I wouldn't get Directvs $5.99 protection plan either.

Directv does have a plan for $24.95 that covers your tv, iPad and all your electronics in your home. That may be worth looking into, but I got to see what the limitations are

I guess for either Dish nor Drect would I pay for a protection plan for leased equipment

At $7/mo, it's $94/year. You would need to have 1 tech visit per year to break even. If you have a problem, add the protection on the spot and then drop it 6 months later.

At $7/mo, it's $94/year. You would need to have 1 tech visit per year to break even. If you have a problem, add the protection on the spot and then drop it 6 months later.
4 months later.

I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that the question "is DVR service worth having" was never asked in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)