Dish DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flyloc2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
I currently have a Dish 622 and 322. I want to swap out the 322 for a 625. I called Dish and was told that is a $5.00 fee for the box per month, but that doesn't sound right since I'm already paying that now for the 322. I was also told there is an added fee of $10.00 per month for the DVR fee. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I am currently running the DishDVR Advantage with HD and HBO.

Thanks!!

There is a 5.99 fee for the DVR service.. You will have to pay that on a 625. The $5.00 fee should be the same as what you already are paying..

So the $5.99 fee is for each DVR instead of the whole account? That's not cool!:mad:

I am currently running the DishDVR Advantage with HD and HBO.
Doesn't this plan give him any number of DVRs for no added charge? In other words, swapping out a 322 for a 625 should result in no change on his bill.

This has been one of the sore spots for me that Dish charges for each DVR. But it is a fact and until it changes it is what it is.. I had high hopes when they came out with the DVR Advantage that they would drop the fees for all other DVR's.. But it didn't happen..

DIrectv only has one dvr fee per account and none if you use the dvr plus account. This is the way DISH should go if they want to compete with Directv in the future.