Dish DVRAdvantage - June 2009 - What is it now and what are its requirements?

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
I understand the meaning and requirements of Dish DVRAdvantage have changed since the term was first used by Dish Network. What is it now? I can't find anything concrete. Is it not simply today bundling locals and DVR service fee on the first 2-tuner DVR for $10? Is credit card auto-pay and paperless billing required? Are there any programming package requirements?

You can have dvr advantage for classic silver for 57.99 /classic gold for 10.00 more. It includes your locals and ONE dvr fee . All you have to do is ask for it. You used to be able to get the classic bronze dvr advantage pack as well ,but I don't see it listed on the DISH website now. I would ask about it if you are interested. If you want 1 cent cinemax , you are required to have credit card autopay and paper less billing. If you have been with DISH for some time , I would also ask if you are eligible for the $10.00 off your bill for 12 months with commitment. I have gotten that credit as well .

You can have dvr advantage for classic silver for 57.99 /classic gold for 10.00 more. It includes your locals and ONE dvr fee . All you have to do is ask for it. You used to be able to get the classic bronze dvr advantage pack as well ,but I don't see it listed on the DISH website now. I would ask about it if you are interested. If you want 1 cent cinemax , you are required to have credit card autopay and paper less billing. If you have been with DISH for some time , I would also ask if you are eligible for the $10.00 off your bill for 12 months with commitment. I have gotten that credit as well .

Thanks. The Dish site implies you need Silver and above yet I've seen DishDVR Advantage Classic Bronze 100 listed on a current Dish bill. However, like you I can't find any details of requirements listed on the Dish site. Even a search on the Dish site for "DVRAdvantage" yields no results.

Any retailers out there know?

The DishDVR Advantage Package is a programming package designed to combine the customer's Core Classic or TurboHD programming, local channels, TV2 Connection Fee and one DVR service fee into one low monthly price. The DishDVR Advantage optimizes the best of DISH programming and equipment.

DishDVR Advantage includes:
  • Core Classic Programming or TurboHD Standalone Programming
  • Local Channels
  • One DVR Monthly Fee
  • TV2 Connection Fee included on first receiver
2 different DishDVR Advantage Packages:
  • DDA with Classic Bronze 100
  • DDA with Classic Silver 200
    • Customer can get Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack added on to DDA with Classic Silver 200 for only $10/month
  • For each additional SD DVR the customer will be charged $10 (includes the DVR and receiver fees), a savings of $0.98
  • For each additional HD DVR the customer will be charged $12 (includes the DVR and receiver fees), a savings of $0.98
spacer.png

All Customers who participate in the DishDVR Advantage ALSO have easy upgrade options:
  • Premium Upgrade
    • One Premium can be added at the standard price:
      • HBO $15.99
      • Cinemax $12.99
      • Showtime $12.99
      • Starz $12.99
      • Playboy $15.99
      • Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack $10
      • HD Add-On $10
    • Pick 2 or more premiums:
      • Any 2 Premium Services - $22
      • Any 3 Premium Services - $31
      • Any 4 Premium Services - $40
      • Any 5 Premium Services - $50
      • 6 Premium Services - $60
DDA is also available with DISH Network's TurboHD packages.
DishDVR Advantage (TurboHD Bronze)$39.99DishDVR Advantage (TurboHD Silver)$49.99DishDVR Advantage (TurboHD Gold)$59.99
spacer.png

New customer requirements to be eligible for the DishDVR Advantage package
  • Digital Home Advantage
  • Classic Bronze 100
  • Local Channels
  • Dual Tuner DVR

Existing customer requirements to be eligible for the DishDVR Advantage package
  • Classic Bronze 100 or Classic Silver 200
  • Local channels
  • Any fee based DVR (any DVR which incurs a monthly DVR fee for use). This includes the 510, 522, ViP622 DVR, ViP 612, 625, ViP 722 DVR model receivers.
  • The customer must also choose to sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing OR an 24-month commitment to basic programming
    • AutoPay with Paperless Billing:
      • Customers who sign up for Debit or Credit Card AutoPay or EFT are required to accept the paperless option.
      • Customers can participate in the DishDVR Advantage offer with EFT only if the EFT enrollment is active on the account (customer is already enrolled in EFT & making payments). If the customer does not have EFT active on the account the customer can opt to sign up for the program & once active the customer can call back and enroll in DDA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)