Dish/Echostar Employee Discount Program?

your wrong claude with the above package, but nice try acting like u no what benefits dish employees get.

At one time it was Top120.

I see someone mentioned the Top250 pack, thats still a little cheap compaired to the cable Companies and Directv which gives employees everything for Free.

Under the Directv complementry account I have, I get the Premier Package with big sports packages like NFL. The only thing I pay for is DVR, HD, and additional receivers. Runs me about about $70/mo, but still cheaper than the $200 I was paying with Dish on a regular account with no discounts.

At one time it was Top120.

I see someone mentioned the Top250 pack, thats still a little cheap compaired to the cable Companies and Directv which gives employees everything for Free.

Under the Directv complementry account I have, I get the Premier Package with big sports packages like NFL. The only thing I pay for is DVR, HD, and additional receivers. Runs me about about $70/mo, but still cheaper than the $200 I was paying with Dish on a regular account with no discounts.
When I was working for a Directv major dist I got it all free except PPV & special events. So that is still true including HD?

Not to change the subject, but when I worked for Sam's Club(owned by Walmart), we did not get any employee discounts, but Walmart employees get 10% off at Walmart on all purchases except groceries. Sam's employees got nothing off at Walmart.

When I was a csr there, the new CSRs had their existing accounts transferred from the 8255 prin to the employee prin which automatically had the AT250 discounted. Originally it was at120 but when they really started pushing dishscriber they upped it to at250. I think that was 1/2011 when they did that.

Dish has some other benefits that are worth quite a bit such as the 401k and the ESPP.

Not sure the term is ALL, I believe it's SOME.

500 to be exact, out of 1500 they kept. So we will be down to 1000 when the closures are complete. I think we will continue to see them close until they are only through the internet site. Blockbuster was a bad purchase for DISH. Now if they would turn it into a true steaming experience like Netflix , it might be a good deal. But dvds by mail are so ten years ago. The future is over the internet and every day it will grow more and more expensive for DISH to try to maintain the physical brick and mortar stores and the physical dvds by mail. Sooner or later they will cut there losses like they did with Voom and the entire thing will be a memory.

I've quit telling people to go to Dishstore. Why should I send someone to Claude when he hasn't had anything good to say about the stuff he sells for a couple months at least and says it so publicly...

Didn't realize that Scott changed the name of this site to "Dishnetwork's" Satellite Guys????, and I pity the poor people who work at BlockBuster in New York State. They are gonna have a lot of success selling Dish, especially when the subject watching your own hometown sports teams comes up!

I wouldn't call the VOOM thing a "cutting losses" situation with DISH. They acquired a lot of transponders on 61.5 with that purchase. IIRC, VOOM was in bankruptcy when DISH bought them. Acquiring their transponder rights would have been a lot more expensive at an FCC auction. VOOM committed suicide when they put their channels on 4 hour repeat. Dish paid for 24 hour stations, not for 4 hour stations that repeated 6 times a day. If you consider the fact that EA pretty much needed the additional 61.5 transponders to be feasible, I would say Charlie handled this well. Keep in mind he didn't exactly pay for the original transponder slots from 61.5 either, he got those from Sky Angel since they couldn't ever raise enough money to launch their own bird and forfeited those transponders to DISH.

I do believe that DISH plans to turn Blockbuster into a streaming solution. I believe they may even turn this into a plan to get DISH into people's homes without a satellite dish. Think about it. DISH could put DISH Family or another small package on a streaming solution. DISH could even come out with their own line of DISH brand DVD players that are net-capable with Blockbuster streaming included. You buy it at a Blockbuster store or a Wal-Mart. Customer takes it home and when they connect it to the web, an offer of 3 free months of Dish Family or another package is offered to the customer. Customer says yes, and now DISH is in a home they might not otherwise be in such as a movie only family. Best part, no installation-related expenses and no upfront equipment costs. Just about $75 worth of free programming to acquire a customer. DISH could even further subsidize the cost of the DVD player by taking a loss on it. Let's say it costs $75 to make, and they sell it for $25. Wal-Mart will carry it since it is a cheap product that will move off their shelf. If it breaks, 90 day warranty covers it, after that, customer goes to the store and buys another one. This would make a great Black Friday deal. $10 DVD player with 3 free months of Blockbuster and 3 free months of DISH streaming.

I'm no marketing genius so perhaps this plan is full of flaws, if so I would like someone to point them out. Right now, I'm watching DISH's stock and looking for any sign that a plan similar to this is being implemented. If I see the signs, I plan to jump all over their stock.

I wouldn't call the VOOM thing a "cutting losses" situation with DISH. They acquired a lot of transponders on 61.5 with that purchase. IIRC, VOOM was in bankruptcy when DISH bought them. Acquiring their transponder rights would have been a lot more expensive at an FCC auction. VOOM committed suicide when they put their channels on 4 hour repeat. Dish paid for 24 hour stations, not for 4 hour stations that repeated 6 times a day. If you consider the fact that EA pretty much needed the additional 61.5 transponders to be feasible, I would say Charlie handled this well. Keep in mind he didn't exactly pay for the original transponder slots from 61.5 either, he got those from Sky Angel since they couldn't ever raise enough money to launch their own bird and forfeited those transponders to DISH.

I do believe that DISH plans to turn Blockbuster into a streaming solution. I believe they may even turn this into a plan to get DISH into people's homes without a satellite dish. Think about it. DISH could put DISH Family or another small package on a streaming solution. DISH could even come out with their own line of DISH brand DVD players that are net-capable with Blockbuster streaming included. You buy it at a Blockbuster store or a Wal-Mart. Customer takes it home and when they connect it to the web, an offer of 3 free months of Dish Family or another package is offered to the customer. Customer says yes, and now DISH is in a home they might not otherwise be in such as a movie only family. Best part, no installation-related expenses and no upfront equipment costs. Just about $75 worth of free programming to acquire a customer. DISH could even further subsidize the cost of the DVD player by taking a loss on it. Let's say it costs $75 to make, and they sell it for $25. Wal-Mart will carry it since it is a cheap product that will move off their shelf. If it breaks, 90 day warranty covers it, after that, customer goes to the store and buys another one. This would make a great Black Friday deal. $10 DVD player with 3 free months of Blockbuster and 3 free months of DISH streaming.

I'm no marketing genius so perhaps this plan is full of flaws, if so I would like someone to point them out. Right now, I'm watching DISH's stock and looking for any sign that a plan similar to this is being implemented. If I see the signs, I plan to jump all over their stock.

Really who buys DVD players anymore. Should be a Blu-Ray player with an HD program pack. Who watches SD much anymore?

In regards to carrying 20 Voom channels that were repeating everything every few hours and taking up valuable transponder space , DISH did cut their losses . They reduced them to 5 Voom channels and gave Voom a choice to put all their efforts into those 5 remaining channels. DISH needed room back then to expand their hd channel selection of Name based cable channels and each transponder they used for Voom was worth 5 - 8 hd channels potentially that they could use for it. So when Voom said carry all 20 channels or cut them off completely , DISH did just that and Voom went Boom. DISH decided it was best to cut their losses and expand their hd selection of basic cable channels so they could compete with Directv and cable on selection. As for the satellite and the other stuff they got from the Voom transaction , of course that was to their advantage too. Blockbuster will end in a similar way. The stores will be eventually closed and the store employees gone, the dvds by mail discontinued. The business will either become a true streaming internet service for DISH customers or it will be gone and a memory ,just like I suggested. At present it is only showing channels from the platinum pack for streaming and I don't consider that the same thing as Neflix streaming or Vudu or any other new release streaming service. The best part of the platinum channels are the Epix channels and I now have those for $7.00 a month and I can still stream the content from those channels to my receiver.

I think your giving Dish to much credit. :eek:

(way off topic but I just had to say it) Voom was and is not alone in the "endless loop of repetition" game.

Other than the big four, who doesn't repeat the same crap ad nauseum. At least Voom content wasn't hacked to bits with popup ads and 10-minute commercial breaks 3-4 times per hour.

Really who buys DVD players anymore. Should be a Blu-Ray player with an HD program pack. Who watches SD much anymore?

I was speaking more towards those customers who don't have any pay TV providers in their house. TV is often not a big part of their life, they don't usually have the latest 55" OLED with Blu-Ray, etc. More often they just Netflix, Hulu, or RedBox for the content they want. However, Blu-Ray is not off the table so to speak.

I think your giving Dish to much credit.
eek.gif

You ought to listen to their conference calls that they have for their investors.

actually its the top 250 with america's everything free for 3 months a very good company to work for and i couldn't be happier with my employment with DISH