Dish/Echostar Employee Discount Program?

JesseWV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
WV
I've heard "Free to Discounted Programming" is available for Dish/Echostar employees but that's pretty vague. So what discounts do Dish employees receive? How does the discount program work?

Which channel packages are available?

Are equipment costs also discounted or waived?

How many and what type of receivers are allowed?

Is a contract required?

Is installation free?​

If you are applying for employment at Dish, perhaps you should direct your inquiry there.

I've heard "Free to Discounted Programming" is available for Dish/Echostar employees but that's pretty vague. So what discounts do Dish employees receive? How does the discount program work?

Is a contract required?

Is installation free?

If you're a DISH employee, you should contact your HR department, or supervisor for details.

I am a Blockbuster store employee. We all now have Dish ID numbers.

We've been asking about this program for months. Our (your) HR department just keeps telling us details will be coming "soon." This was in August of last year. We're expected to start selling Dish packages in store within the next few weeks. The only familiarization with the packages and hardware is from a horribly slow and unstable training module provided at the store. I'm sure I speak for all store employees when I say we would be more comfortable and effective selling packages if we actually had first hand experience with them.

I do understand that you may not want to or be allowed to post confidential company employee program details and I can accept that as an explanation.

But I can post confidential company employee program details :D

You get the Top120 package for Free on 1 or 2 TV's. Anything above and beyond that you pay.

BTW, don't worry about not getting an employee account. Once they get you selling their product they will "MAKE" you get an account so they can count you as a customer when they post their quarterly report.

Several months ago there was a memo that went out that if you work for Dish, they expect you to be a customer and could care less if you watch it or not.

What a great company to work for :)

Claude Greiner said:

You get the Top120 package for Free on 1 or 2 TV's. Anything above and beyond that you pay.

BTW, don't worry about not getting an employee account. Once they get you selling their product they will "MAKE" you get an account so they can count you as a customer when they post their quarterly report.

Several months ago there was a memo that went out that if you work for Dish, they expect you to be a customer and could care less if you watch it or not.

Counting employees as customers will make no statistical difference in the figures they report. Looking for employee knowledge and loyalty- there's value in that.

I wish you luck in selling DirecTV, Claude, because I think you're slitting your throat on selling Dish.

Not to veer off topic, but, from an installation standpoint Directv is much easier to install in regards to los in this dma. While there are many EA markets on the east coast, there are also many WA areas. Here the 129 bird comes in on a 24 degree elevation & Directv 101 is 44, that is huge when trying to find a los & all the difference in the world between getting a signal or not. From Claudes standpoint D* is much less risk also because he's only responsible for the equipment for 3 days vs E* which is 180 days, that is huge when footing the bill equipment wise for a complete stranger who may or may not keep the service for the required term.
In regards to the op's question, it is my opinion that if you're an employee of a communications company that all services provided should be part of your benefits excluding ppv. Cable companies have been doing this for their people for years & most of them have stock prices well under dish except for a few. My own personal opinions of dish have seriously diminished over the years even though I am still a customer. They definitely could change things for the better, if not for customers, at least for their own people.

Counting employees as customers will make no statistical difference in the figures they report. Looking for employee knowledge and loyalty- there's value in that.

I wish you luck in selling DirecTV, Claude, because I think you're slitting your throat on selling Dish.

I've quit telling people to go to Dishstore. Why should I send someone to Claude when he hasn't had anything good to say about the stuff he sells for a couple months at least and says it so publicly...

Actually he is telling the guy some is exactly like what I had when I was an asst mgr for Blockbuster, only difference is it now E* he has to have instead of D*. I got several perks out of it as I subbed more people on to D* as I was an asst mgr that traveled tween on 7 stores in my district and picked up subs thru out the area. Was about to be offered my own store in the district when I was able to go back to school and get my degree by "getting fired". The best job I got fired from indirectly on purpose. Anyway sounds almost identical to BB's previous program.

Not that I agree with everything Claude says, but the bottom line is he is still partly responsible for keeping the lights on here & the last time I checked, was still still a site sponsor with moderator status & could give a vacation to anyone as per described in the site rules.

Not to veer off topic, but, from an installation standpoint Directv is much easier to install in regards to los in this dma. While there are many EA markets on the east coast, there are also many WA areas. Here the 129 bird comes in on a 24 degree elevation & Directv 101 is 44, that is huge when trying to find a los & all the difference in the world between getting a signal or not. From Claudes standpoint D* is much less risk also because he's only responsible for the equipment for 3 days vs E* which is 180 days, that is huge when footing the bill equipment wise for a complete stranger who may or may not keep the service for the required term.
In regards to the op's question, it is my opinion that if you're an employee of a communications company that all services provided should be part of your benefits excluding ppv. Cable companies have been doing this for their people for years & most of them have stock prices well under dish except for a few. My own personal opinions of dish have seriously diminished over the years even though I am still a customer. They definitely could change things for the better, if not for customers, at least for their own people.
LOS should be a problem for his location as it will be EA. He has a WV address. So they will be putting up an EA dish hit 72 then peak the skew for 61.5 & 77 and done. WV LIL are EA.

So what about:

What type of receivers are allowed?

Is a contract required?

Is installation free?

LOS should be a problem for his location as it will be EA. He has a WV address. So they will be putting up an EA dish hit 72 then peak the skew for 61.5 & 77 and done. WV LIL are EA.

Did you mean to say "should" or shouldn't?

Lets say you have 5,000 Blockbuster locations, and at lets say 10 employees per store, thats a potential 50,000 customers.

When your company is loosing 25,000 subscribers per quarter, signing up an additional 25,000-50,000 employee accounts makes the difference between loosing customers and posting a small gain.

They did the same thing with the retailer showroom accounts 3 years ago, and they did the same thing with employee accounts about 18 months ago.

Its a numbers game, and Dish needs to stop the bleeding. Just like they now allow customers to downgrade to the welcome pack, or put their account in pause during a committment, they need customers so they can add to the bottom line.

They might not make a profit, but the less subscriber loss they can report, the better the stock will do on wall street and thats where it counts.

More realistic numbers are 1,700 stores with an average of 7 employees. That's 11,900 employee subscribers. Stores are initially expected to get a minimum of 1 Dish signup per week per store. So that's 11900 initial employee "subscriptions" and perhaps 500-1000 extra subscriptions per week.

I currently have DirecTV due to the fact that Dish did not have a whole home DVR solution 2 years ago. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how Dish's technology seems to be starting to catch up to DirecTV. I'm primarily concerned about picture quality. The HD picture via DirecTV looks amazing, even better than Comcast and Time Warner in my opinion. That's going to be hard to live up to but I think I could deal with it if I were getting a substantial discount.

Lets say you have 5,000 Blockbuster locations, and at lets say 10 employees per store, thats a potential 50,000 customers.

When your company is loosing 25,000 subscribers per quarter, signing up an additional 25,000-50,000 employee accounts makes the difference between loosing customers and posting a small gain.

They did the same thing with the retailer showroom accounts 3 years ago, and they did the same thing with employee accounts about 18 months ago.

Its a numbers game, and Dish needs to stop the bleeding. Just like they now allow customers to downgrade to the welcome pack, or put their account in pause during a committment, they need customers so they can add to the bottom line.

They might not make a profit, but the less subscriber loss they can report, the better the stock will do on wall street and thats where it counts.

Which explains the "positive" 22,000 subs added last quarter. They added all the Blockbuster employees LEFT to their sub base. Wouldn't it be easier if DISH actually did something that adds to their long term growth? How about reducing the price of their various, charge it because they can, FEES? Like the first joey should either be free or they lose the multi view fee and just charge $4.00 for the first joey instead. Either way it would of gone towards adding more subs . So buying new companies , so you can force them to take "free " DISH accounts, in order to pump up your sub additions ,sure seems like you are taking the long road towards growth.:confused:

Dish Employees get America's Top 250 for free
No
Same rules apply as every other customer (up to 6 rooms leased, $$$ after that)
Is a contract required?
No
Is installation free?
Yes, same as every other customer.

My replies in red.

Again, they have not allowed any Blockbuster employees to get "employee" accounts at all. Like I said, we've been waiting since August when we were told "Details are coming soon."

There are a few employees who already have Dish and they're wondering if they can also have the discount applied to an existing account.

Which explains the "positive" 22,000 subs added last quarter. They added all the Blockbuster employees LEFT to their sub base.
's

Why does this thread remind me of the Pepsi commercial with the Coke delivery guy trying to sneak a Pepsi? :D

your wrong claude with the above package, but nice try acting like u no what benefits dish employees get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)