dish equipment verification teams...what do they ask.

canadadishuser

Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
canada
Hey guys...new to the forum....

I have a couple of recievers from dish...and everything is on the up and up..however i am in canada...and had intially got the recievers in my friends name...

So last week recievers stopped working....customer service told me to call dish equipment verification team...

What questions do theyh usually ask....i want to keep my dish subscription...as canadian tv sucks...

All the help is apprecieted guys......if anyone has dealt with them...ur feedback would be appreciated...

thanks

ALL AT ONE TIME! INSTANTLY YOU MUST

read them the locator ID # which is a randomly computer generated number that changes constantly

Theres no way to get them from anywhere else. They listen in on your conversation while your on the phone with them

I gave them the locator numbers off three receivers in my house and thought it was all good. They want me to email or fax them a electric or water bill. What is i said I don't have a fax machine or scanner? They would want it mailed! I thought once I gave them the locator numbers it would be okay. They say if you put the phone down, or put them on hold they disconnect the receivers.

Sound like a real mess to me,I don't get the part where a company has a department of employees that they pay to turn off paying accounts.

Rule are rules I guess but :rant:

I gave them the locator numbers off three receivers in my house and thought it was all good. They want me to email or fax them a electric or water bill. What is i said I don't have a fax machine or scanner? They would want it mailed! I thought once I gave them the locator numbers it would be okay. They say if you put the phone down, or put them on hold they disconnect the receivers.

I'd tell them to kiss my little white butt... Whats funny is what if your like me and your phone number they have on record isn't yours but your wife's and they call and she's not at home..or they call your cell phone (Yeah most people have only Cell DISH!!) and your not at home - what do they think your going to do then? LMAO stupid Dish!

I really dont get the point, they have a paying sub:) all boxes are at the same location:) what difference does it make to E whos name is on the electric bill?

For most of my life my grandpas was on my electric bill I intentionally didnt fix it, as a little tribuite to him.

Till jen called the power company and told them I had to go downtown and prove my identity and sign some forms or the electric would be cut off within 24 hours......

I was pissed.

verification team appears to be using nazi SS methods.

I have a prediction they will back off once E sees their churn numbers climb:)

E will decde any sub is a good sub:)

Perhaps they are cracking down on addresses since they got into trouble for this a while back. Their excuse they gave me was that it was an FCC requirement but I told them that I did not buy that.

Any time a customer meantions that one or more of their receivers is at an another address or at a business, the agents are required to report that information to the equipment verification team. Dish does this because they want all receivers to remain in the same address. If you are reported to the EVT for having one account but one or more receiver at a different address, they will try to set up a second account for that location.

Also note that if you have six or more receivers the EVT will get involved in your account at some point unless you have phone line connected to all your receivers. Dish also get very suspicious if you tell them that one of your receivers is in a room that is locked and you are unable to get in at the moment.

If the account is in a friend's name, couldn't you send them a copy of the friend's electric bill?

If Dish ever audited us and gave us such trouble, they'd get a goodbye pretty quick. I understand that they want to prevent stacking...but it shouldn't be the responsibility of an honest customer to prove that they are not doing so. Seems like Dish goes in with the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude. Seems like the stackers will still find a way around it while honest customers can still have issues.

I had Dish for a short time and got audited. The EV person was such an arse I told him to cancel the service and send the cartons so I could return the boxes.

Found out later the phone jack the boxes were plugged into was dead and was not aware since we just moved in a few months earlier and never plugged a phone, etc into those jacks.

If the Dish nazi was nice, I wouldn't PKed the service.

If the account is in a friend's name, couldn't you send them a copy of the friend's electric bill?

If Dish ever audited us and gave us such trouble, they'd get a goodbye pretty quick. I understand that they want to prevent stacking...but it shouldn't be the responsibility of an honest customer to prove that they are not doing so. Seems like Dish goes in with the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude. Seems like the stackers will still find a way around it while honest customers can still have issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts