Dish Everything

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
I currently subscribe to Dish 250 for $53 a month, plus $13 for Starz, plus $20 for HD. Additionally I pay $5 for an additional receiver, plus $6 for the DVR fee, plus $6 for an additional receiver... (total $103 - $20 special credit plus tax)

If I changed to the Everything Pack for $89, would that only impact the programming fee, or would some of the additional receiver fees go away? Does "Everything" include HD ($20) or not?

I currently pay $66 for 250 and Starz... for $24 more I could have HBO/Max/Showtime/TMC through Dish (I currently have them through cable so I'd drop them if this made more sense, which it doesn't, unless some of the additional fees for my DVR, receiver, HD etc, would go away).

What do you think?

I hate how I pay $5.98 for DVR service fee plus $5 for the box. Cable gets you in a similar fashion.

Also, how would this impact my $20 a month credit for 10 months that I still have some left on if I upped it to Everything?

Would it make more sense to scrap Dish and go to DirecTV? I keep finding myself lowering my cable package and adding to Dish. I want to keep cable for some of the channels and locals but if it made since I would dump some premiums and go Everything at Dish. I am not in a commitment, so I'd be up for scrapping Dish and will if they don't catch up with DirecTV by the time my 10 month special is over (few months left).

I currently subscribe to Dish 250 for $53 a month, plus $13 for Starz, plus $20 for HD. Additionally I pay $5 for an additional receiver, plus $6 for the DVR fee, plus $6 for an additional receiver... (total $103 - $20 special credit plus tax)

If I changed to the Everything Pack for $89, would that only impact the programming fee, or would some of the additional receiver fees go away? Does "Everything" include HD ($20) or not?

I currently pay $66 for 250 and Starz... for $24 more I could have HBO/Max/Showtime/TMC through Dish (I currently have them through cable so I'd drop them if this made more sense, which it doesn't, unless some of the additional fees for my DVR, receiver, HD etc, would go away).

What do you think?

I hate how I pay $5.98 for DVR service fee plus $5 for the box. Cable gets you in a similar fashion.

Also, how would this impact my $20 a month credit for 10 months that I still have some left on if I upped it to Everything?

Would it make more sense to scrap Dish and go to DirecTV? I keep finding myself lowering my cable package and adding to Dish. I want to keep cable for some of the channels and locals but if it made since I would dump some premiums and go Everything at Dish. I am not in a commitment, so I'd be up for scrapping Dish and will if they don't catch up with DirecTV by the time my 10 month special is over (few months left).
I'm not going to address switching since you are still committed, so it's an irrelevant consideration. I am month 3 into the AEP and will be dropping at the end of this month. There just is not enough good stuff on ANY of them to justify an additional nearly $500.00 per year for us (we were DVR Advantage 200). The only thing that has been a must see for me is Showtime's Dexter. But, I could be patient and buy the current season's DVD next year for about $40.00. Yes, per your question, you do save some fees, but worth it? It's really subjective.

I'm not going to address switching since you are still committed, so it's an irrelevant consideration. I am month 3 into the AEP and will be dropping at the end of this month. There just is not enough good stuff on ANY of them to justify an additional nearly $500.00 per year for us (we were DVR Advantage 200). The only thing that has been a must see for me is Showtime's Dexter. But, I could be patient and buy the current season's DVD next year for about $40.00. Yes, per your question, you do save some fees, but worth it? It's really subjective.

I'm not in the commitment... I paid a little more up front... I wasn't going to get roped in.

The thing is... I already pay for all the premiums between Dish and my cable company, just not all in one place. I just wondered if I would lose some of the other fees by putting all the premium channels on Dish instead of split between the two. But if I don't save the $20 on HD or at least the different DVR fees, it would be worthless for me to change it.

Thanks for your input.

I have the Everything pak, HD, all adult channels, extra CW/UPN package, extra HD DVR receiver, program guides. The following is a clip from my online bill that may help you decide on any changes.

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER $6.00
clear.gif

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK WITH $101.99
clear.gif

DISH FLICKS $1.95
clear.gif

DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) $5.99
clear.gif

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE $0.00
clear.gif

DISH HD $20.00
clear.gif

PLAYBOY AND LOCALS $0.00
clear.gif

PROGRAM GUIDE $4.25
clear.gif

STARZ SUPER PAK - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
dark_spacer.gif

HD SPECIAL - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
HD SEPCIAL 2 - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
DHPP CREDIT - ADJUSTMENT -$5.99

I have the Everything pak, HD, all adult channels, extra CW/UPN package, extra HD DVR receiver, program guides. The following is a clip from my online bill that may help you decide on any changes.

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER $6.00
clear.gif

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK WITH $101.99
clear.gif

DISH FLICKS $1.95
clear.gif

DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) $5.99
clear.gif

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE $0.00
clear.gif

DISH HD $20.00
clear.gif

PLAYBOY AND LOCALS $0.00
clear.gif

PROGRAM GUIDE $4.25
clear.gif

STARZ SUPER PAK - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
dark_spacer.gif

HD SPECIAL - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
HD SEPCIAL 2 - ADJUSTMENT -$10.00
DHPP CREDIT - ADJUSTMENT -$5.99

So the Digital Home Advantage Everything Pak for $101.99 is different than the $89.99 Everything pak based on your adult channels?

What is Dish Flicks?

I guess I am not clear in that I am paying $5.99 for DVR now, which from what you guys have said would be avoided with the Everything pak, but what about the $5 and $6 additional I pay for receiver 2 (SD) and receiver 3 (HD).. I have a total of 4 TVs.. 622 handling two of them, 211 handling another (HD), and an SD box in my kid's room... I take it I'd still have to pay the $5 and $6 for the other boxes but avoid the $5.99... that is all I would save is the $5.99?

Thanks.

Everything with Playboy is 101.99 (they combine them because you get a discount)

I didn't include the adult channel prices because you probably aren't interested in them.

Dishflicks is one of the movie magazines they send you. I don't pay a DVR fee.

I have a 622 and 722. First is free, 2nd is charged $6

622 and 722 can both handle 2 TVs each. 1 HD and 1 SD.

Everything with Playboy is 101.99 (they combine them because you get a discount)

I didn't include the adult channel prices because you probably aren't interested in them.

Dishflicks is one of the movie magazines they send you. I don't pay a DVR fee.

I have a 622 and 722. First is free, 2nd is charged $6

622 and 722 can both handle 2 TVs each. 1 HD and 1 SD.

Can I consolidate my 211 and box in my kid's room with a 722? Currently I have a 622 on the HD in my bedroom and SD patio TV. Can I put a 722 on the other two and ditch the box in the kid's room? Dish acted like two HD DVRs wasn't an option when I signed up last spring, so I ended up with the above three boxes. Three of my TVs are HD incidentally but the third is hooked up to a standard box. Would the give me a free 722 upgrade and reduce my bill by $6 if I consolidated those other boxes? That would make more sense than the current configuration.

Can I consolidate my 211 and box in my kid's room with a 722? Currently I have a 622 on the HD in my bedroom and SD patio TV. Can I put a 722 on the other two and ditch the box in the kid's room? Dish acted like two HD DVRs wasn't an option when I signed up last spring, so I ended up with the above three boxes. Three of my TVs are HD incidentally but the third is hooked up to a standard box. Would the give me a free 722 upgrade and reduce my bill by $6 if I consolidated those other boxes? That would make more sense than the current configuration.
Dish just recently (within the last month) announced that you can get a second 622 (or 722). It is a recent change. I am not sure what their stipulations are regarding having an upgrade last spring (not sure if the year between upgrades would apply), but you can definitely get 2 622's now. You would not get a free 722 (It is $199 upgrade and then you get a $100 rebate).

Or at least that is my understanding of the current situation.
Geoff

Are theses worth the extra money? Does the Flicks magazine have the months schedule of the movies on for the month?

Thanks,
Ken

I get that $4.25 Dish magazine too... it does have a monthly guide for all the premiums and many of the popular channels, for the entire month, 24 hours a day. It also has a description of all the popular movies in alphabetical order and referenced in the grid to the page it is on. I find that time goes by so fast, that it is very difficult to plan ahead for viewing with the paper guide. I find if I am flipping, I obviously use the on screen guide. To be honest, sometimes I will sit on the toilet doing my business with a highlighter picking movies in this guide I want to see, and then I wash of course, and go set the timers. I'd say for me it is worth it, since it is somewhat of a small cost. Too some it may not be.

You may want to get your own guide, mines on the toilet tank.

I get that $4.25 Dish magazine too... it does have a monthly guide for all the premiums and many of the popular channels, for the entire month, 24 hours a day. It also has a description of all the popular movies in alphabetical order and referenced in the grid to the page it is on. I find that time goes by so fast, that it is very difficult to plan ahead for viewing with the paper guide. I find if I am flipping, I obviously use the on screen guide. To be honest, sometimes I will sit on the toilet doing my business with a highlighter picking movies in this guide I want to see, and then I wash of course, and go set the timers. I'd say for me it is worth it, since it is somewhat of a small cost. Too some it may not be.

You may want to get your own guide, mines on the toilet tank.

Thanks for the info, maybe to much info :)

I might give it a try. Is the Flicks magazine just for movies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)