Dish Everywhere

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Is Dish everywhere, really everywhere?

I'm asking, because I checked DirecTV Everywhere... and it is everywhere (in your house :rolleyes:)

Most of the channels are not available to watch everywhere outside the house, that is when I want them, in the house I can watch them on the TV.

So, is Dish everywhere, everywhere outside the house?

Thanks

You can watch anything that you can watch on your dvr. You can watch any recordings on your internal hd, but not on an ehd.
I can attest that TWC's TV internet app does not let you watch locals or local sports channels. When I went to cancel my super basic cable I got a sweet heart deal. $7 more than I was paying for super basic for basic cable with a dvr and cable box. I can't watch my locals or MSG from a remote device.

You can watch anything that you can watch on your dvr. You can watch any recordings on your internal hd, but not on an ehd.

Unless you have a 722, in which case you can watch programs off your EHD as well.

Dish anywhere is one of the best things about having Dish. I love being able to watch anything I would be able to watch at home on my mobile devices. Works as advertised except that the time on the listings is often an hour off as if I was in Central Time instead of Eastern, which us where I actually am. Wish someone had a fix for that. But I can still watch the programs, just that the indicated times are wrong. I suppose more an aesthetic issue.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's a Sling box

Basically Dish Everywhere is a sling box. This re-encodes the content at your PVR and sends it over the internet to your local device. Media providers would love to shut this down, but so far have not been able to.

You can add a Sling Box to a Cable or DirecTV box and be able to remotely view anything that's locally available. It's not as pretty as the Sling built-into the Hopper, but will do the job for many (for example, the external sling will tap the box outputs. With the exception of a dual TV output, a Local viewer will have to watch what the remote viewer is watching).

I've seen sling on sale for as low at $99.

Unless you have a 722, in which case you can watch programs off your EHD as well.

Better move everything to an EHD today. Tonight I'm going to sneak outside your house, and using the Dingo remote, send that secret self destruct command!

;)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)