Dish expects me to wait until 10:30pm for tech to arrive

I have customers accepting appointments between 6 and 8 in the morning and after 8 I mean most people dont know the things that can happen and yes some installs run into some big complications and you never ever know what each job will throw at you but I am sure that tawhite is a professional and meets all his deadlines with no problems and is the perfect little lemming where he works:eek:

First to respond to your smart ass comment... I am a registered nurse working in ER so, yes I meet my deadlines and I am a professional, if this weren't the case, people would die!!!

Now back to the discussion, I still say to come to someones home that late at night is rediculous! Yes, of course things happen, it is not a perfect world! If you are unable to make it or are going to be late you should call the customer and be able to make alternate arrangements. You should be allowed to offer coming first thing the next day, or have another tech come and cover for you. I know this kind of thing is difficult in Dish's sh*t system but the bottom line is we are the customers. We should be accomidated to a certain extent and if you don't like that get out of any line of work that involves customer service, PERIOD!

While I am at it I am sick and tired of installers who know less about this technology than I do. Having to explain to the tech how this equipment works is getting old. Having a tech tell me I am having reception problems because the satellites are at different altitudes? There should be some minimum educational standards in place here!

Last edited:
to help the customers here understand what "floaters" are in the dish lingo

FLOATER: a job that is allowed to be scheduled without the direct link to a tech on the event that some jobs are unable to be completed (ie. no line of sight, customer leaving for an emergency, not home).

the down side to this is that somedays ALL jobs go in .. leaving the "floating" customer undone, and the fsm isnt gonna go do it unless hell has frozen over.

or the job is out where there are no techs that can reach it and still make the rest of his appointments

the "floater" isnt a tech.. its a customer.. and we have the goal of the next million customer to thank for that.. we need to go back to the lower amount of points so that we can provide the service we were once able to give!

You can't just add 12 more units to the next days route, it doesn't work like that. Calendars are built ahead of time for the next days routes. That is why it could not be rescheduled for the following day. CSR's can not overide that calendar. There have been some bad CSR's that would intentionally build a work order out for a 1 room install KNOWING that the customer wants a 4 room install just to meet the customer's demands of "I can't wait or I'll goto D*" attitude. So they'll work the system in order to squeeze it in just to make that one customer happy but yet someone else eats it down the line. Done seen it many times.

One of my biggest peeves. Having a 4 room dish mover built as a TC. Or like you said, a 4 room system built as a 1 room. The ones I see most often are the "dual tuner to 1 room only" tags that are almost always 2 rooms. I don't mind those so much as I do the other ones. It just irks me that the CSRs think that "well, the tech will handle it when he gets there. There can usually make do with anything." Truth is, we can't. It's bad enough when the work orders are right. We're being pushed to do more and more work in a day, and the average customer has no idea just how much work is involved and how much nitpicky stuff we have to do now.

to help the customers here understand what "floaters" are in the dish lingo

FLOATER: a job that is allowed to be scheduled without the direct link to a tech on the event that some jobs are unable to be completed (ie. no line of sight, customer leaving for an emergency, not home).

the down side to this is that somedays ALL jobs go in .. leaving the "floating" customer undone, and the fsm isnt gonna go do it unless hell has frozen over.

or the job is out where there are no techs that can reach it and still make the rest of his appointments

the "floater" isnt a tech.. its a customer.. and we have the goal of the next million customer to thank for that.. we need to go back to the lower amount of points so that we can provide the service we were once able to give!

They used to be called "giveaways" but some genius thought "floaters" sounded better to the customers. Great. So now an unassigned job doesn't sound like an orphan, it sounds like something that didn't get flushed down the first time. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts