Dish Extended Warranty - Not All Dish Equipment Covered?

It's kindof sad really. RCA at one time did make real quality TV sets, granted that was about 10-15 years ago but still sets they made around that time are pretty darn good. Nowadays they aren't so great. Personally I'm a big fan of Samsung & Mitsubishi.

Here's another update...

I called the Executive Office again and talked to another rep. I asked her about my situation and why after a month of leaving many messages I cannot get a call back from them for a status. She told me that if there are any calls in the call que, the reps are not allowed to make an outgoing call to anyone including customers they were helping.

She said my rep who is handling my problem may be able to call me over the weekend since their call volume is not as much but she couldn't make any promises. She said it could also be a week or a month from now. It depends on their call load.

Sounds like a very broken CSR system at Dish when the Executive Office can't even help people with an on going issue.

willyryu said:
This brings up a question, if the picture tube shorted out the signal board, like the tech said, should I be charged at all? What do you guys think? Sure could use the $650 from American Express for a VIP 622.

YOu worry about DISH holding up their end and you want to keep the 650 and get paid twice for the repairs if Dish covers it???? Better think about that.

Well I called Dish back today and was told that nothing will be done for me even though the monitor is under the 1 year warranty. The person in the Executive Office I was dealing with is no longer there. I called Thomson and they said I had to deal with Dish since it is a Dish branded monitor but did verify it is under warranty.

I've wasted hours and hours on this. I've also paid my Dish bill ontime month after month for a receiver that has been hooked up to a dead monitor.

I'm done being nice and getting walked on.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of someone who gives a s**t at Dish that can help me?

Nebugeater, dish would NOT pay for the repairs. They will NOT honor the warranty. Thankfully, my American Express card benefits covered the repairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)