Dish: FCC Fee Hike Constitutes Rate Shock

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish has told the FCC it has failed to justify its proposal to boost DBS regulatory fees by 125% this year -- from 12 cents to 27 cents -- that the fees would represent the kind of “sudden and large changes in the amount of fees" -- rate shock -- that the FCC has tried to avoid, and will harm consumers, who will be paying the increase.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/fc...880?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Reactions: charlesrshell
I really don't know, but it seems that it would take far less resources for the FCC to monitor DBS than the vast and far flung physical plants and numerous franchise agreements and numerous complaints regarding Cable Card and all of whatever trying to monitor all those big, medium, and little MSO's located all over the country. DBS is Dish and DirecTV and they have one corporate office and far smaller number of up-links compared to the total number of all those MSO's out there. Complaints regarding MSO's can often be LOCAL, not necessarily national in scope and it may require FCC staff to go to almost any place in the U.S. to research or investigate, IF it ever does. The cost to the FCC is the "M" in MSO: Multiple. DBS is most likely far less expensive to the FCC to regulate and respond to consumer complaints because in the strictest sense, DBS is NOT multiple plants as operated today.

Maybe the FCC needs to compensate for all of dish networks crying

You mean to tell me that the FCC actually needs to do work? I thought their sole function was gouging FM radio stations for hundreds of thousands of dollars every time a DJ tries to use naughty language. Then again, the FCC completely messed up terrestrial radio to the point where every station plays the whacky and slappy show, thus minimal fines. So, it only makes sense to get a new revenue source to justify their useless government appointed jobs. By the way, in case you didn't know, I hate the FCC.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)