DISH Fees Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

I had DISH eons ago when it was Americas Top 50. Recently returned after having cable for the past few years. I will say that the gap between services is not nearly as great as it once was from many perspectives. However, point of this message is a question about fees.

I signed up with all leased equipment. Two HD 811 boxes and one 3xx basic box.

In looking at my bill, before the various adjustments, I notice the following for Dec 12 - Feb 12:

- Two seperate entries for "additional receiver" at $10 each. What is the monthly fee for additional boxes? Is this a "rental" fee or a "service" fee? In other words, if I bought my own set top boxes would I still be hit with this fee?

- One entry for HD Package at $19.98. I assume this if for TWO months service. Is this fee per HD box or is it per account? If per box, one of them is going back as the HD offerings are pretty slim.

Thanks in advance.

Amphicar770 said:
Dec 12 - Feb 12:

- Two seperate entries for "additional receiver" at $10 each. What is the monthly fee for additional boxes? Is this a "rental" fee or a "service" fee? In other words, if I bought my own set top boxes would I still be hit with this fee?

From: http://faq.dishnetwork.com/question...=0&cboCategory=0&txtSearch=mirroring+fee&pg=1

There is a $4.99 monthly fee for each additional receiver. The additional outlet fee is an administrative fee to transmit all of the programming that you have on your primary receiver to each additional receiver in your home. Our satellites transmit this feed and signal which requires more resources from our uplink center. You may have up to six receivers on one account. You can add and remove receivers as often as you choose if you are not commited to keep the receiver on your account. You must have one receiver on your account remain active.

CablerMN said:
... Our satellites transmit this feed and signal which requires more resources from our uplink center. ...
WHAT? Ridiculous! The additional fee is "because they can" and to cover per-box subscriber costs.

Amphicar: Note that your bill is for 2 months, therefore $10 per box.

HD fee is for 2 months service, it is $9.99/mo. That is per account, not per TV. The additional receiver fees are $5/mo per additional receiver. Makes no dofference if you own or lease the receiver, if it's active, it's an additional $5.

So Dish currently rents the 811 for 10/month, does this occupy the mirroring fee too or is it 10 to rent and 5 for the mirror?

I havent been with dish for about a year but my parents and grandparents both have dish and are both looking to upgrade to HD receivers. Im debating between helping them go wth dish or having both move to voom.

The fee per addition box is: $4.99 if you own the box or $5.00 if you lease the box.

Jag - it's not really a rental on the 811, it's the cost of the HD Pack. On some promotional deals, the HD pack is a required part of the deal.

jagouar said:
So Dish currently rents the 811 for 10/month, does this occupy the mirroring fee too or is it 10 to rent and 5 for the mirror?

I havent been with dish for about a year but my parents and grandparents both have dish and are both looking to upgrade to HD receivers. Im debating between helping them go wth dish or having both move to voom.
If you lease a receivers its called a "lease" fee, if you own the receiver its call a "additional receiver" (or mirror) fee. They are both $5.00/month and are basically the same thing. Not sure were you got the $10 at. I know as was stated up above that there is a $9.99 HD fee per account.

Hmm, it may be an old deal but I remember in the past (when 811 first came out) that you had to lease the box for $8.something. I know dish bends over for new customers giving them all kinds of things (receivers wise) but this is a current customer upgrading to 811.... they dont want to buy the receiver (and i know dish has leased them in the past).... Basically I dont know dishs' current quirks to get equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)