Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
On my bill I have now:

AMERICA'S TOP 120 VALUE PAK WITH LOCALS 59.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE 4.98
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 9.98
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 4.99
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99

I have 942 and 301 recievers and I don't have a phone line connected.
Can anybody check if all those extra fees are correct?

joedoe said:
On my bill I have now:

AMERICA'S TOP 120 VALUE PAK WITH LOCALS 59.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE 4.98
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 9.98
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 4.99
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99

I have 942 and 301 recievers and I don't have a phone line connected.
Can anybody check if all those extra fees are correct?

Well, it doesn't look correct with the new pricing.

The new AT120 Value Pak price with locals is 64.99.
The DVR fee is now 5.98.
That HD fee is the old price. I don't think it is correct under the new pricing.
You have one too many Access Fees. You should be paying one 4.99 fee for the second receiver and another 4.99 fee for now havinh the 942 plugged into a phone line. I don't think you should be paying the extra "Programming Access Fee" since that is usually for customers that don't have a basic package (AT60 or higher) which you have.

However, it looks like you are getting the better end of the deal. You are paying $5 less for the Value Pak than you should, $1 less for the DVR fee, $4.99 more for the Programming Access Fee which equals a net savings of $1.01 (5+1-4.99).

Ditto on the one-too-many $5 fees. But this is probably an older bill, so the price increases aren't reflected in the original post.

On second thought, I just learned that the Dish'n It Up program for existing customers doesn't include a first lease fee. So a $10 ($15 or $16 w/ DVR fee) lease for an unconnected 942 under DIU might not be out of line.

kavula said:
Ditto on the one-too-many $5 fees. But this is probably an older bill, so the price increases aren't reflected in the original post.

On second thought, I just learned that the Dish'n It Up program for existing customers doesn't include a first lease fee. So a $10 ($15 or $16 w/ DVR fee) lease for an unconnected 942 under DIU might not be out of line.

It could be an older bill which is why I was referring to the new pricing. He didn't indicate a bill date either way. Regarding that extra fee, the problem with that fee is that, if it is a lease fee, it has the wrong label. I think the Programming Access Fee is the name for the fee charged when the customer doesn't have a basic AT package. A lease fee should be labeled a Lease Fee.

chaddux said:
It could be an older bill which is why I was referring to the new pricing. He didn't indicate a bill date either way. Regarding that extra fee, the problem with that fee is that, if it is a lease fee, it has the wrong label. I think the Programming Access Fee is the name for the fee charged when the customer doesn't have a basic AT package. A lease fee should be labeled a Lease Fee.

It is an older bill. I don't have a newer one yet and 942 is on lease. Shouldn't the lease fee be included in the package fee?

In any case access fee looks as overcharged, right?

Last edited:
joedoe said:
It is an older bill. I don't have a newer one yet and 942 is on lease. Shouldn't the lease fee be included in the package fee?

Did you add the 942 to your account or did you get it when you first signed up? If you added it, I don't think it is included. If you got it when you first signed up, yes, it should be included.

chaddux said:
Did you add the 942 to your account or did you get it when you first signed up? If you added it, I don't think it is included. If you got it when you first signed up, yes, it should be included.

I replaced 811 with 942.

joedoe said:
I replaced 811 with 942.

Like kavula said above, I think that the lease fee under Dish'n'It Up is not included in the package price. I assume, since it's a lease, that you upgraded using that method. Therefore, your fees would be correct for the prior period, just mislabeled.

chaddux said:
Like kavula said above, I think that the lease fee under Dish'n'It Up is not included in the package price. I assume, since it's a lease, that you upgraded using that method. Therefore, your fees would be correct for the prior period, just mislabeled.

So you're saying that all extra fees including 9.99 access fee are correct?

joedoe said:
So you're saying that all extra fees including 9.99 access fee are correct?

Yes. Here is the way it breaks down.

942: 4.99 Additional Receiver Fee (normally waived if 942 is connected to a phone line)
301: 4.99 Additional Receiver Fee
(These two fees have been lumped together in a single 9.98 Additional Receiver Fee.)
942: 4.99 Lease Fee (mislabeled)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts