Dish First Impressions and Questions

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
I had Dish Network installed yesterday. The install went very smooth until the installer tried to activate the new 722. Dish Networks system used to activate the 722 was down. They told us it would be restored in 30 min to 24 hrs. I just laughed. The installer ended up leaving without activating the box, but did leave his cell number and would return later to try the activation again. An hour later I called the activation number and explained the situation. Fortunately, the system was back up and I was able to get the box activated.

After the initial hickup, I was enjoying Dish at its finest. I quickly learned how I wanted to setup the new 722 and the picture is great. I was able to quickly teach my new dish remote how to control my tv, dvd player, and onkyo sterio. The menu on the 722 is significantly better than my cable dvr. Even the search and dvr functionality was much better. Currently I am loving the 3 tuners. I was able to record 2 satelitte channels while watching an OTA channel. So far Dish is exceeding my expectations and is a huge upgrade over cable.

Now for the questions, Is there a way to have the SD channels default to 480p and have the HD channels default to 1080i? This is the one feature I haven't found and loved on my cable box.

Secondly, I saw mentioned in other posts that you can change your service address online to "move", but I haven't found that option when signing into my account on the Dish Network site. Is this available online and if so where?

Thanks!

See bold.

Now for the questions, Is there a way to have the SD channels default to 480p and have the HD channels default to 1080i? This is the one feature I haven't found and loved on my cable box.

No, but I wish they would. I think I read that they did this on the Vip222.

Secondly, I saw mentioned in other posts that you can change your service address online to "move", but I haven't found that option when signing into my account on the Dish Network site. Is this available online and if so where?

"Moving" isn't something Dish promotes people just do it. Search the forums for "moving" for more info.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)