HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network First Pay-TV Provider to Give Customers Ability to Watch
Their Live TV on Android Tablets

Free DISH Remote Access App Transforms Android Tablet into a TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
– Jan. 6, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C., today announced that DISH Remote Access, the free application that gives DISH Network customers the ability to watch their
live and recorded TV on compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops, is now optimized for the higher-pixel Android™ tablet screens.
DISH Network customers with a broadband-connected, Sling-enabled™ device such as the Sling Adapter™ – a small
placeshifting device that pairs with DISH Network’s ViP® 722 or 722k HD DVRs – can enjoy live and recorded TV viewing on Android tablets.

“DISH Network is the only pay-TV provider to offer a true TV everywhere solution, and now we’ve optimized
that experience for the larger screen size of the Android tablets,” said DISH Network Chief Marketing Officer Ira Bahr. “Now Dish Network customers can enjoy their TV Everywhere experience on tablets

like the Galaxy Tab, as well as the dozens of new Android-based tablet devices soon to be introduced.”
In addition to TV viewing, the DISH Remote Access app also gives DISH Network customers with compatible DVRs the ability to browse and search up to nine days of programming,
schedule DVR recordings, manage conflicts, delete shows on multiple receivers, and transform the Android tablet into a fully-functioning remote control.

The DISH Remote Access app for Android tablets can be downloaded for free through the
Android Market. DISH Remote Access is also available on compatible iPad, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android mobile phones and Blackberry®
devices.  

For more information about DISH Remote Access, visit
www.dish.com/tveverywhere.

So dish did basically nothing ... just made a higher res verison of the current sling app.

Wow I am so impressed rolls eyes what next an ipad app!

P.S. apparently they never see seen NFLST app on the Samsung pad or Sprint TV with live fox news and espn .. so I changllenge the word first and live tv with them.

Last edited:
So dish did basically nothing ... just made a higher res verison of the current sling app.

Wow I am so impressed rolls eyes what next an ipad app!

I'm sorry, could you point me to the product that DIRECTV sells that allows me to watch all the content (including live TV) on my HD-DVR from anywhere in the US?

Directv doesnt sell one, but anyone with any service can basically do this with Sling.

Anyone have DRA running on a cheap tablet? Which one? I downloaded it onto the Android 2.1 Coby MID7015 that I bought specifically to use the DRA app. I rooted it, loaded marketplace, and installed it. It tries to start, but it won't run. Too bad, it outputs 1080P via HDMI.

JohnW

Last edited:
I downloaded the app to my tab, but it says my receiver is not connected to the internet, even though the receiver thinks it is. I am guessing there might be a router port I need to open, but of course, I don't have a clue which one... yet. It would be great if I can access the DVR at a higher resolution than the sling player does on the tablet.

Boy some people are going to have fat cellphone bills streaming tv.

Nah, unlimited data package.

But I am trying to do this on my tablet, which is over wifi. I just want to see if the Dish Remote Access app is better quality than the Sling Player, but I still can't get it to connect. Pretty sure I need to open up a port, but I'll be darned if I know what one.

Nah, unlimited data package.

But I am trying to do this on my tablet, which is over wifi. I just want to see if the Dish Remote Access app is better quality than the Sling Player, but I still can't get it to connect. Pretty sure I need to open up a port, but I'll be darned if I know what one.

Outside of being on 4G on sprint what carrier offers unlimited data?

Outside of being on 4G on sprint what carrier offers unlimited data?

Verizon 3G. Unlimited data, $29.99 per month. I have a special promo where I only pay $30 for all three data plans on my account.

And I realized that I was not reading that press release carefully. The App does work to program the DVR timer, but not watch tv without the sling adapter. One of those brainless nights, I guess. :D

I am not dissing dish for offering this. Its good that they do. My main problem is they portray it as if they are the only ones that you can do this with. Which isnt true. They have simply integrated a sling player with the receiver if I understand the Dish tech correctly.
With Dish supplied equipment I guess they are right. Thats good though. Competition is good for us all. I dont see anyone else going after this niche though. The tech is there without putting money into integrating it into your box. Let sling do the work.

Verizon 3G. Unlimited data, $29.99 per month. I have a special promo where I only pay $30 for all three data plans on my account.

And I realized that I was not reading that press release carefully. The App does work to program the DVR timer, but not watch tv without the sling adapter. One of those brainless nights, I guess. :D

They don't say it unless you read the fine print, but that $30 data charge is "unlimited" with a 5GB cap. Sprint is so far the only true Unlimited as they come right out and say it without any fine print.

New app will not install on Archos 101, updated to the latest firmware and android 2.2

Found this error code in the logs...

E/PackageManager (1283): package com.sm.SlingGuide.Dish requires unavailable feature android.hardware.telephony; failing.

Anyone successful in getting it to load on a Gen8 archos tablet?

If you have the old data plan with AT&T you are "grandfathered" and it is unlimited data. At least that is the way that mine is.

DustoMan said:
They don't say it unless you read the fine print, but that $30 data charge is "unlimited" with a 5GB cap. Sprint is so far the only true Unlimited as they come right out and say it without any fine print.

You are doing the same that a lot of people do...confuse the data card plan with the mobile phone plan. I have both... Cellular plan is UNLIMITED, while the data card plan has the cap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)