DISH First to offer NBA Team Pass

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH First Pay-TV Provider to Offer NBA TEAM PASS
Release Date:
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:02 am MDT

Terms:
Programming

Dateline City:ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • Offering gives fans access to a single team’s regular season out-of-market games
  • Launches in free preview on NBA Opening Night, October 25
  • Available to DISH customers for $119
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, DISH became the first pay-TV provider to offer NBA TEAM PASS. The new single team offering, available for $119, will allow DISH customers to follow any one of the NBA’s 30 teams throughout the regular season with live access to every out-of-market game.

DISH will continue to offer NBA LEAGUE PASS, the sport’s full season package, for $199 with up to 40 live out-of-market games from around the league every week and on demand coverage.

“As the NBA laces up for a new season, DISH is giving customers the choice of following the entire league or picking their favorite team,” said Josh Clark, vice president of Programming for DISH. “Now an NBA fan on the East Coast who wants to follow just their favorite West Coast team can opt for NBA TEAM PASS.”

Starting NBA Opening Night on October 25 through November 1, DISH will unlock NBA LEAGUE PASS to all customers in free preview so that NBA fans can get a jumpstart on watching their favorite team or the whole league.

DISH customers may purchase NBA TEAM PASS or NBA LEAGUE PASS for the 2016-2017 season by calling 1-877-DISH PPV (347-4778). Customers have the option to pay for NBA TEAM PASS in four installments of $29.75 or NBA LEAGUE PASS in four installments of $49.75.

NBA TEAM PASS and NBA LEAGUE PASS provide customers with access to regular season, out-of-market games only. Games watched on DISH will be subject to local blackouts depending on the customer’s location.

Reactions: AZ.
Ok, for the record, I just checked with Dish, if you live in New England, and get this package you will NOT get the Boston Celtics... Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking this was a way around the stupid issue with Comcast Sports NE... :(

Ok, for the record, I just checked with Dish, if you live in New England, and get this package you will NOT get the Boston Celtics... Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking this was a way around the stupid issue with Comcast Sports NE... :(
So, if Dish doesn't carry the RSN the team broadcasts on, then this service is useless. Why would the NBA do something this dumb?

And this service is useless for Dish subs in the densest populated part of the United States (Boston to Philly).

haha, of course people watch the NBA. :) And yeah, I've learned to live with the fact that comcast is holding dish hostage on this one. It's as stupid and greedy as it gets.

It's not that I doubt that answer necessarily as being correct it could be, but who did you ask? Are you taking the word of a phone CSR?

CSR in the dish forum. Matt G. He actually did a double check after he initially told me I could get the Celtics. Then checked, and apologized.

I just re read what Scott posted, the answer now makes sense. There is no reason to think you would get the Celtics in either of the plans in market with or without DISH having CSNNE. It clearly says you won't.
"NBA TEAM PASS and NBA LEAGUE PASS provide customers with access to regular season, out-of-market games only"

CSR in the dish forum. Matt G. He actually did a double check after he initially told me I could get the Celtics. Then checked, and apologized.

Yeah, I went to the dish forum to double check after I received the press release from Dish, because I DO enjoy watching the celtics every once in a while, and if it DID allow it, I'd pony up the cash for it...

Will be interesting to see how many times the HD feeds on the NY Knicks, Houston Rockets, LA Lakers, and other teams on RSN's Dish doesn't carry will be used. Will the only games that are in HD be the ones that Dish has the RSN's for, or will the others be hit and miss?

What happens if you are a Celtics fan outside of New England. Do you always get the away team feed and anouncers?

Last Night for the both the Blazers and Jazz channel, Dish had the Jazz feed. So I am guessing it will be whatever feed is available.

haha, of course people watch the NBA. :) And yeah, I've learned to live with the fact that comcast is holding dish hostage on this one. It's as stupid and greedy as it gets.
It may have sounded tongue in cheek, but I was being serious. Most of my friends are sports fans and I don't know a single person that watches the NBA. If it went away tomorrow I wouldn't even notice.

Well sorry, I enjoy watching a game here and there. People ARE different ya know... It's kind of sad that you think the opinions of a few, are the majority.

The fact of the matter is, a great deal of people DO watch NBA games, or these players wouldn't be making the millions they make playing the game...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Most of the games are being broadcast on the regional sports network or a major network. My dilemma, don't have a package that has those.
This is a nice option.
Not sure what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)