Dish Free Downloads

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Tried downloading a free program..what a mess.

First once I clicked on it it said your program will be viewable in 3 1/2 hours...WHAT?

Then after 3 hours of downloading (I have a 20M Downstream but it was only downloading at 3M) the program never appeared in the list to play, just vanished.

Couple this with the message I get on PPV that my smart card isn't authorized and it's quite a mess.

My Direct VOD works great, downloads are FAST and you can start viewing within minutes.

Get it together DISH!

First once I clicked on it it said your program will be viewable in 3 1/2 hours...WHAT?

Then after 3 hours of downloading (I have a 20M Downstream but it was only downloading at 3M) the program never appeared in the list to play, just vanished.

Couple this with the message I get on PPV that my smart card isn't authorized and it's quite a mess.

My Direct VOD works great, downloads are FAST and you can start viewing within minutes.

Get it together DISH!

You must have some kind of other problem. I just have 2.5 MB DSL, and mine are ready to view in 5 min or less.

I have NO problems trying to download the sd free videos . I did have trouble downloading the HD events. It took for ever to download and this morning when I tried to view it , the show was gone. I don't know if the event was too big, because it twice told me to delete other free stuff not viewed to add it. I'll try again today.

Dumb question, but when did dish start adding FREE vod stuff? I always thought that everything had a price with dish?

Is there anything worthwhile in the selection? Is it going to be worth stringing a 50ft eithernet cord to, or spending $50 on a wireless adapter?

I watched an hd event ; the opening of the olympics. It took a few hours to download an event that lasted only 50 minutes but the pq was nice. There are quite a few videos that I could watch in sd, just like I got from Directv when I had them. At least about 218 videos on demand. I am sure that this will grow in number as time goes on. Just like the dish theater has over 1300 events now.

What I tried was an HD event Mike and what you are describing is EXACTLY what occurred for me however I have nothing else downloaded and plenty of room on my drive.

Where are these downloads located?

Get it together DISH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts