Dish getting pricey

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok, I know this has been talked about too much but..

What was the absolute package?

I pay around 115 per month. No premiums. 2 dVRS 922 and 722

I believe i have the top 200.

I use to have the HD gold. I believe thats gone.

I like the 10 dollar HD channels ( epix 1@2, Indie, Retro, BBCHD)

Id love to get my bill down to 70 dollar range. Im sure its immpossible..

I dont want to drop to Americas 120..thats bare bones.

I do have direc but I only use them for sports packages. Might be
smart to compare pricing..

I have spoken to dish and they are firm on those packages. No alternative.

Any ideas.

I feel your pain as do a lot of us... this is why all the unhappy DISH posts recently. (And its the only reason those posts were not moved to the War Zone forum)

I myself had to drop a bunch of programming from my account including all premiums just because of the equipment price increase.

I got to be honest, this is the closest I have come to signing back up for DIRECTV again.

The top 200 with your extra receiver is already $71.99 plus tax. What else are you paying for other than the Platinum HD channels?

The $17.00 DVR fee is what is really ticking me off. Satellite is my only option now, but anybody else comes down the street and I am gone, just on general principles.

I feel your pain as do a lot of us... this is why all the unhappy DISH posts recently. (And its the only reason those posts were not moved to the War Zone forum)

I myself had to drop a bunch of programming from my account including all premiums just because of the equipment price increase.

I got to be honest, this is the closest I have come to signing back up for DIRECTV again.

Wow, thanks for you honesty Scott!

I am thinking about Direc tv, All i need to do is add programming. However
Im wrestling with what to do.

Dish seems inflexible on saving me something. Better package, possible promo.
I think their dvr fees are just exorbatant.

I might end up vacationing dish for a little while. To break contract would be 75 bucks. Not too bad. But im really nor sure I want to do that.

The new direc recievers that I have are right up there speed wise with the 922\722. So its not that bid a leap anymore.

Im on the fence.:confused:

He said he used to have HD Gold which is AT250. It was billed as AT200 with the HD Gold add-on. So that's $65 plus $10 Platinum plus $10 DVR fee (922) plus $17 for the 722, a total of $102, assuming he has HD Free for Life. There must be something else like the multisports package and/or superstations.

Programming packages are pretty close with both but one thing that had stopped me in the past was Directv's receivers. Their new 24 (HR and H) receivers are really good and responsive with equal or more features than Dish Network receivers.

The key is getting those receivers in your installation. They are still installing the old receivers in some areas but that should change in the future.

You just have to decide if having 2 dual tuner DVRs is a must have.

71 plus the insurance. Plus 10 HD extra channels. Dvr fee.
My numbers might be off. Need to go over bill. But its steadily gone up.
I usually just pay when I get the bill. But now Im thinking its getting too high.

Also..no extra sports packages..
I do have HD for life..They did say they need to credit me because I was not getting the full 10 off.

Yes, I need two tuners. They each opperate extra rooms in my home.

922 probably not needed. I could have stayed with the 722. However I upgraded
paid for the new toy.

However, basic programming and added fees are getting out of hand.

Added fees are the problem and it is not just Dish but it seems like everyone is adding on a fee of some kind. Grandkids are flying to FL today, ticket $167, extra fees $108.00!

Over $100 without premiums does seem a bit steep. Of course, you have the 922 which is an expensive toy.

Their programming a bit fixed too. You can't get TCM for cheap. You need 200 to get it. Then you have Boomerang, Versus, FSC with a number of others on 250, so me going down from that is a tough pill to swallow.

Dish seems to be a good deal if you just have a single receiver, which works for me, one television on TV1 via HDMI and two televisions on TV2 via RCA cables (the HD channels downrez nicely on those).

Ok, I know this has been talked about too much but..

What was the absolute package?

That was the original all HD package that came out in early 2008. It was only sold until August of 2008. It does not have all the HD channels now offered, but does have all that existed as of February 2009, which is considerable. It also includes all Platinum channels as they were part of the original package. The price was and is $29.99 grandfathered in. There has been nothing since that can match it for quantity, quality and price. Personally, it more than suits my needs and they will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Wow, thanks for you honesty Scott!

I am thinking about Direc tv, All i need to do is add programming. However
Im wrestling with what to do.

Dish seems inflexible on saving me something. Better package, possible promo.
I think their dvr fees are just exorbatant.

I might end up vacationing dish for a little while. To break contract would be 75 bucks. Not too bad. But im really nor sure I want to do that.

The new direc recievers that I have are right up there speed wise with the 922\722. So its not that bid a leap anymore.

Im on the fence.:confused:

A $75 penalty is nothing compared to what DTV has been giving out in terms of promotions. I actually got $600 in credits for a 2 year contract with DTV. That promotion is now over, but they still have a good one if you love NFL football.

That was the original all HD package that came out in early 2008. It was only sold until August of 2008. It does not have all the HD channels now offered, but does have all that existed as of February 2009, which is considerable. It also includes all Platinum channels as they were part of the original package. The price was and is $29.99 grandfathered in. There has been nothing since that can match it for quantity, quality and price. Personally, it more than suits my needs and they will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

That sounded like a great deal. I guess they were losing money on that package.
I would not let that go either...

The question is will dish see the light and drop their fees.
5.00 for a single output and 10.00 for a duel would make them competitive.
I only know 4 people with dish and all four are just waiting out there contract.
I know I will leave when mine is up and yes i know i can cut programs or go to less recevers but why should I? I paid for the setup i have I want two dvrs.

If it were not for DirecTV not having all of the HBO and Cinemax channels that Dish does (HBO Signature, HBO Comedy, HBO Family, 5StarMax, and ActionMax), plus TCM in HD and them not having Epix, and the fact that to me Dish's receivers are so much better, I would take the offers that DirecTV offers and be back with them too. I doubt that Dish will ever re-evaluate the fee situation, but I wish they would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)