Dish getting tight - no resolution offer from ceo@echostar.com

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Well, it appears the Dish resolution/retention team is getting very tight on giving offers or credits or any other offer and basically told me to walk.

My #1 issue with how 'owned' equipment users are given no benefit over leased subs and the seeminly neverendin priceing increases which for 2009 was 12%, in 2010 was 16% and now 2011 is another 6%.

This year, I guess they're just not keen on extending any kind of olive branch to so I guess I'll shop around a bit. I like dish and the technology but they really need to offer something to the guys that didn't cost them anything.

They also need to justify the DVR double-dip fee as I'm still extrememly ticked about that one.

They are saying that prices are not going up for the next couple years, so that's a good thing.

If they made a change for you, then they would have to do it for everyone, so that's probably why they didn't do anything for you.

Did you ever think about calling or using Chat instead of the e-mail? The ceo address is really for more significant problems. I am not at all surprised you received no response. In fact, I'm glad they did not. It get's abused the way it is. If you want to negotiate, negotiate. Don't wait for a silver platter.

:confused: Ya, because cable and Direct TV haven't gone up as much or more........

Well, it appears the Dish resolution/retention team is getting very tight on giving offers or credits or any other offer and basically told me to walk.

My #1 issue with how 'owned' equipment users are given no benefit over leased subs and the seeminly neverendin priceing increases which for 2009 was 12%, in 2010 was 16% and now 2011 is another 6%.

This year, I guess they're just not keen on extending any kind of olive branch to so I guess I'll shop around a bit. I like dish and the technology but they really need to offer something to the guys that didn't cost them anything.

They also need to justify the DVR double-dip fee as I'm still extrememly ticked about that one.

I understand your pain, but the executive resolution team is really just that. They are there for resolving problems. Not just to give you a discount because they raised the prices.

I think their "olive branch" is the free premium packagage for a year (or some free PPVs) that just got turned on for MOST subscribers.

They have been really good at giving me credits until lately they have tightened up HARD but last night when I had a problem and I made my point to them they started offering me credits without asking and then I asked for more and got more credits and probably saved a few hundred bucks on the year (before their price increase and the extra fee they wanted to charge me) so I probably aint really saving much anyways. I told them if they are going to raise my bill over $20 per month that I might as well cancel and go elsewhere.

They have been really good at giving me credits until lately they have tightened up HARD but last night when I had a problem and I made my point to them they started offering me credits without asking and then I asked for more and got more credits and probably saved a few hundred bucks on the year (before their price increase and the extra fee they wanted to charge me) so I probably aint really saving much anyways. I told them if they are going to raise my bill over $20 per month that I might as well cancel and go elsewhere.

Your whole dissertation is contradictory.

I'da just told you to go elsewhere anyway. Sheesh...everyone wants to be treated to freebies these days.

And, if you don't like that owning receivers doesn't give you any benefit, just lease; never seen a bit of advantage to owning....

I've been a customer for 11 consecutive years during which time I've had a total of three different receivers - Dishplayer -> 625 -> 622. The problem I have with their current policies is that it has been impossible for me to get any kind of reasonable deal on a receiver upgrade. I'm already in a 2-year contract to get the Free HD deal and have had the same VIP622 for going on, what, 4 years now? I've been trying to get them to update me to a 722, especially with the problems I've been having with external drives on my 622. But no amount of negotiating/pleading with them has brought any resolution to the issue. They want $450 or an *additional* 2-year commitment and that is the end of the discussion any time I bring it up. I'm quite frustrated and if I wasn't already under the 2-year contract I'd walk to DTV tomorrow.

The reason you can go to the other provider and get a good deal is the same reasoning that E* uses, new customer offers are much better than any for existing customers. In this, both providers business model is nearly identical. Damned irritating!

The ceo address is really for more significant problems. I am not at all surprised you received no response. In fact, I'm glad they did not. It get's abused the way it is.
I've been saying on here for years that it get abused... Someone has the simplest problem and others suggest "Contact them at the ceo e-mail address! They'll solve it for you!". Of course, I've seen many people post/complain here that they were ignored when they tried the e-mail address... :D

If I thought you might get better treatment with someone else, I might be convinced that you were treated poorly.

Anyone who complains of the lack of advantages to owning (there is probably only one and it has to do with property taxes on leased equipment in a few jurisdictions), hasn't been paying attention since the lease model went into effect almost five years ago.

Anyone who complains of the lack of advantages to owning (there is probably only one and it has to do with property taxes on leased equipment in a few jurisdictions), hasn't been paying attention since the lease model went into effect almost five years ago.

I have to be honest. I am not even sure if I own or lease. I must own, because I don't recall seeing any monthly fee besides programming (other than DVR fee) on my bill. I assume there is a monthly fee for leasing. How much is a leased 722?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts