DISH Giving Center Ice Free Preview?

I think some preseason hockey games are availble on the sports "alt" channels..in other words they are in the clear instead of being blacked out

I read somewhere that Dishnetwork has a free NHL preview from Wednesday, Oct.4 to Tuesday, October 10.

Just checked my guide for Thursday, Oct.5 and notice that ch.540 has two NHL games in the clear to choose from, one at 7PM and one at 10PM.ET.
Is that all the free preview we have or is the guide incorrect? :confused:

RedWings said:
I wonder why Dish has not released their schedule yet? The season starts today!!!

I'm guessing that the package is standard across the providers and they all show the same games. According to D* website, http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1800012 , they will be showing 10 games on Thursday night.

Very interesting about Thursday evening comparisons.
I noticed that tonight, Wednesday, Direct has just one game listed but Dishnet has two different games listed.
What is going on, are the two satellite providers going to show all the NHL games are just a portion that they choose?
I always thought "All" meant all.
I guess "All" can mean some.
It would appear that both satellite providers either have errors in their posted schedules or are not showing all the NHL games as one would assume. :confused:

Where have you seen a posted schedule for DiSH Network NHL Center Ice? It is not on the DiSH Network site.

You will find that E* offers both feeds of a game if they are available. The Rest of the NHL Center Ice channels should showup in the EPG today. I believe there is only one game in Center Ice today and 2 games on Versus. One of the games on Versus is in HD. Wondering if that will be available on E*. It is listed on D* channel 95.

Re; The RSN Hds. I noticed a Red Wings game is in the hidden EPG on one of the RSN HD channels for tomorrow or later. They may still be testing the setup on those channels.

JohnH said:
Where have you seen a posted schedule for DiSH Network NHL Center Ice? It is not on the DiSH Network site.

You will find that E* offers both feeds of a game if they are available. The Rest of the NHL Center Ice channels should showup in the EPG today. I believe there is only one game in Center Ice today and 2 games on Versus. One of the games on Versus is in HD. Wondering if that will be available on E*. It is listed on D* channel 95.

Re; The RSN Hds. I noticed a Red Wings game is in the hidden EPG on one of the RSN HD channels for tomorrow or later. They may still be testing the setup on those channels.

Exactly my point John H.
Today is the start of the NHL season.
Looking at todays present downloaded guide, there is no listing for Centre Ice games. There are three games today. Versus has a listing for 2 of the games. What about the third game? No listing. Centre Ice has no listings for any games today.

Tomorrow, Thursday, again no listing for Centre Ice games. Just individual local coverages in the 400 channels. Nothing from 540 onward.
Seeing as today is the starting day for NHL hockey and there are no listings for today or tomorrow for Centre Ice, then I consider the omission an error on their part.

Last edited:
Clancy said:
Exactly my point John H.
Today is the start of the NHL season.
Looking at todays present downloaded guide, there is no listing for Centre Ice games. There are three games today. Versus has a listing for 2 of the games. What about the third game? No listing. Centre Ice has no listings for any games today.

Tomorrow, Thursday, again no listing for Centre Ice games. Just individual local coverages in the 400 channels. Nothing from 540 onward.
Seeing as today is the starting day for NHL hockey and there are no listings for today or tomorrow for Centre Ice, then I consider the omission an error on their part.
What games are going to be broadcast on CI?
What games, if any, are broadcaset in HD?
Where is the current CI schedule (Dish website has last year's schedule)?

To quote the famous line in "Cool Hand Luke" -- "What we have here is a failure to communicate..."

grb said:
What games are going to be broadcast on CI?
What games, if any, are broadcaset in HD?
Where is the current CI schedule (Dish website has last year's schedule)?

To quote the famous line in "Cool Hand Luke" -- "What we have here is a failure to communicate..."

I'm witch ya.

JohnH said:
They are listed. You just can't see them yet. There will be a big kerchunk later today and they will appear along with any surprises they have for us.

I am glad to read from you that a big kerchunk is about to happen.
Timing is everything.
Better late than never.

There is only one game that is not on Versus tonight, Senators @ Maple Leafs. I thought E* carried the Canadian channels just for center ice.

D* has it listed in the guide and description has the free preview message with phone number to subscribe. I would think E* would be similiar when they turn the stations on today via the uplink.

I think the real question is will E* have the Versus games in HD like the playoffs last year. D* has it on channel 95, and airing one game from 7pm-1am. I would think that means they may air both games, but only did one guide entry.

Does E* have anything up on 9463, which was NHLHD (OLN) last year?

I was a 10 yr D* customer until last week when they pissed me off. Now I'm on Cox cable. But I'm holding off on paying for NHL CI until the very last day I can get the discounted rate of $149, which is 10/10.

I'm waiting to see what the hell E* is doing with the RSN in HD. In the end, I will go with whomever has the most NHL in HD, no matter what the cost. But they better move their butts cuz after I pay for CI, I'm stuck with that service till the end of the hockey season.:confused:

On Cox cable, I will get all the Versus HD games thru INHD plus 10 coyotes games in HD from FSN AZ. I want more dammit!! It'd be great if I could somehow get all the FSNY HD games, although I havent been able to find anywhere that NJ Devils games are indeed in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)