DISH Giving Center Ice Free Preview?

Thanks for your information JohnH.
Keeping customers confused with program information until the last few hours of the opening day of NHL is not a wise decision .
What we were led to believe in the first half of the day differs from now.
Thanks for your input. :hatsoff:

There is, of course, only one Center Ice game tonight. The other two are on Versus (which used to be OLN.)

My houseful of hockey fans is wondering the same thing. Not looking forward to SD CRAPPPPPPP on the projection screen.

were getting ready to call E* and tell them to go suck the big fat one on this SD CRAPPPPPP

Dish missed this one BIG

Wow-
What a big F up and miss by DISH.

You have 3 new HD NHL channels in the 300's (God knows when these will go live), the good ol' NHL-HD on 9463 from last season (not even in the EPG) and the 9467 HD PPV station (which is showing a game tomorrow) - and they end up not showing the HD Vs. feed which had the whole Stanley Cup ceremony at the beginning.

Here was an opportunity to start off the season strong - and nothing.

What a big fup on the NHL. After last years success you would have thought they had done everything possible to make their product as first class as possible.

I dont know if you could blame the NHL for Dish's f-ups.

At least you may eventually get more NHL games in HD. Right now on Cox, all I have is 1 game per week, the Versus HD game, which I'm watching right now.:)

I'm hoping Dish gets their act together though so I can give them my money and get the NHL in HD every night.

No wonder it is a free preview the PQ for the Sens Leafs game is brutal, I am getting nauseous from the jerky picture.

Why didnt they pick-up the TSN HD feed and show it in HD, gee do you think more people would have found that more enticing.

caymancanuck said:
No wonder it is a free preview the PQ for the Sens Leafs game is brutal, I am getting nauseous from the jerky picture.

Why didnt they pick-up the TSN HD feed and show it in HD, gee do you think more people would have found that more enticing.

Something wrong with your set up in the Caymans.

I watched the Leaf game last night on channel 541 from Dishnetwork.
I also watched the game directly from TSN ch. 400 on a Star Choice system.
Both satellite receivers on side by side monitors for evaluation purposes.
Both systems were very good video resolution.
Dishnetwork has done a good job of picking up the feed and retransmitting it.
I might also add that Dishnetwork had no cut-ins, they took the complete package including the Canadian commercials.
It was nice to see at the beginning of the broadcast the raising of some Leaf sweaters from the past. Players who are part of NHL history.

This is my second year with Center Ice and I almost always pick the CBC or TSN feed if I have a choice, although the picture from last night's Sens-Leafs game wasn't that good.

azdevil said:
I was a 10 yr D* customer until last week when they pissed me off. Now I'm on Cox cable. But I'm holding off on paying for NHL CI until the very last day I can get the discounted rate of $149, which is 10/10.

I'm waiting to see what the hell E* is doing with the RSN in HD. In the end, I will go with whomever has the most NHL in HD, no matter what the cost. But they better move their butts cuz after I pay for CI, I'm stuck with that service till the end of the hockey season.:confused:

On Cox cable, I will get all the Versus HD games thru INHD plus 10 coyotes games in HD from FSN AZ. I want more dammit!! It'd be great if I could somehow get all the FSNY HD games, although I havent been able to find anywhere that NJ Devils games are indeed in HD.

They are, they just suck that bad is why you cant see diffrence, lol sorry columbus bule jackets fan.

IceRunner said:
This is my second year with Center Ice and I almost always pick the CBC or TSN feed if I have a choice, although the picture from last night's Sens-Leafs game wasn't that good.

If CBC has a better PQ, i'll watch that feed for sure. If its anything like CBC's old PQ when I used to watch it on rabbit ears years ago...i'll be happy. Their colors are just hard to beat.

RedWings said:
FYI...

Dish updated their online NHL Center Ice Schedule

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/hockey/schedule/index.shtml

This is the first time i've had Center Ice and i'm excited to see I have a choice of either the Detroit or CBC feed for tonight's wing's game. Sometimes I can't stand the other team's announcers.
I would watch the Detroit feed before the game to see some news on the wings but I would watch the CBC feed for the game.
CBC seems to follow the puck better than the American nets. But I would not think the there two different sets of TV cameras at the Detroit game so you will
most likley see the FSN pictures on the CBC broadcast.

Go Wings it sure is good to have hockey back.

Last edited:
RIRWIN1983 said:
They are, they just suck that bad is why you cant see diffrence, lol sorry columbus bule jackets fan.

There's no way for me to see the FSNY HD feed anyhow since I live in Phoenix, but it'd be nice if E* made all the RSN's HD part of CI.

RE: your comment about them sucking, are you comparing the 101 point devils vs. 74 pt. blues jackets.....1st in the division vs. 24th out of 30 in the league blue jackets? :)

I'll say this much, youre one hella NHL fan enduring hardship like that:hatsoff: