Dish got caught overtaxing new customers.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We have seen similar mistakes before. DISH should get it right of course but how taxes are structured are wildly different from State to State. How or if equipment is taxed - if considered leased by one State or not in another, discounts making a difference for one State, not in another etc etc. My only real question would be what happens to the overcharges if not found. Meaning, are all taxes collected simply given to the State, if so there would be no criminal act just a mistake. And at what point should a State realize they are getting too much taxes from a large business or realize it and not do anything?

We have seen similar mistakes before. DISH should get it right of course but how taxes are structured are wildly different from State to State. How or if equipment is taxed - if considered leased by one State or not in another, discounts making a difference for one State, not in another etc etc. My only real question would be what happens to the overcharges if not found. Meaning, are all taxes collected simply given to the State, if so there would be no criminal act just a mistake. And at what point should a State realize they are getting too much taxes from a large business or realize it and not do anything?
Called a tax rebate

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Add to the confusion any local taxes. Quite honestly I haven't sat down to analyze the tax amount on my Dish statement. However I did look at my cellular phone bill and found they were charging me a local municipal tax based on the post office city. While I am serviced by that post office, I do not live within the municipal boundaries of the city where the Post Office is located. I complained to the cellular provider who for all intents asserted that they were justified in collecting the tax. I complained to the FCC and two weeks later the FCC sent me a copy of the cellular providers response that the tax was being removed from the bill. The next bill verified the removal. So there is recourse through the FCC in these types of situations with regulated providers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Yeah, I complained and got a refund of "rental tax" that had been on my bill for years. I owned, not leased, the equipment. Total was something just above twenty dollars.

Florida's taxes is so high and confusing. How could anyone figure it out.
Taxes
07/04/16 Communications Services Tax 3.72
07/04/16 State/Local Tax (Sales) 1.96
07/04/16 Video Gross Receipts Tax 0.97
07/04/16 State Special Tax 0.13
Total $6.78 per month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)