Dish has agreed to carry the SEC Network at launch....

thanks satjay we might be getting those ondemand channel also we got to find out whats in the contract first.

Distributors in SEC country can expect to pay a rate of $1.30 to carry the soon-to-be-launched SEC Network, according to several sources with knowledge of the rate card.

That fee, paid on a monthly per-subscriber basis, is what cable and satellite companies within the SEC’s 11-state footprint would pay to ESPN, the owner of the SEC Network. Outside of SEC territory, the channel’s license fee drops to 25 cents.

Cable operators are certain to blanche at the network’s price tag, which is more expensive than other college conference channels like Big Ten Network and Pac-12 Networks.

What is being paid for Pac-12 networks? How many channels in the SEC deal? How many in the Pac-12 deal? (in SD? In HD?) Is this really more expensive than Pac-12?

I'm sticking with my prediction of Feb,that will coincide with the new fees,Dish will be able to say we are offering new HD channels,instead of nothing.

I'm sticking with my prediction of Feb,that will coincide with the new fees,Dish will be able to say we are offering new HD channels,instead of nothing.

That would make the most sense, I guess.

If they held off flipping the switch merely to coincide with new fees, would that make some customers mad? They could have turned them on back in December but waited for marketing reasons . . . .:rant:

I am hearing a rumor its a done deal, with the issue now being finalizing the contract... a lot of red lining going back and forth as they finalize the contract. I am sure you can understand that both sides want no loopholes which can be used against them later on. :)

Stay Tuned!

Especially from Disney's point of view, a loophole that Dish could Hop through ;)

Dish does not want to have a situation like the one that cost them HD, and Disney does not want another surprise like the Hopper cutting commercials.

Especially from Disney's point of view, a loophole that Dish could Hop through ;)

Dish does not want to have a situation like the one that cost them HD, and Disney does not want another surprise like the Hopper cutting commercials.
Now I should note no one from DISH would say anything about whats going on with Disney, but I heard some buzz from others who work closely with DISH.

I don't think they would be announcing a channel coming to DISH if a deal was not close.

The contract thing makes a LOT of sense to me and would also explain why the channels are still on, after all we were told awhile ago that they have come to terms as far as fees go.

maybe we will see something soon coming from both of the parties involved.who know i am hoping the best thing comes from this.

Now I should note no one from DISH would say anything about whats going on with Disney, but I heard some buzz from others who work closely with DISH.

I don't think they would be announcing a channel coming to DISH if a deal was not close.

The contract thing makes a LOT of sense to me and would also explain why the channels are still on, after all we were told awhile ago that they have come to terms as far as fees go.

I would be ecstatic if Dish gets a contract with Disney and has the Hopper still skipping ABC commercials. I do think there is money in the air since CBS hinted they thought they could negotiate a deal with Dish. Dish would be paving the way for others to offer commercial skipping for a price. I wonder what the rate people would pay to have the commercials skipped? Dish raising Hopper fees could be a preemptive move to cover the expected Hopper skip fees to the networks. It would be worth $5/month to me if the big 4 did not have commercials.

Announcing a new channel this much in advance (esp. a sports channel) seems very un-Charlie like. He typically likes to keep us guessing until the last minute. Then again you had to know that he would be watching his Vols next fall one way or another. :)

Announcing a new channel this much in advance (esp. a sports channel) seems very un-Charlie like. He typically likes to keep us guessing until the last minute. Then again you had to know that he would be watching his Vols next fall one way or another. :)
I think we knew about the Big Ten Network before any other provider had it.

If Dish gets a contract signed they have always announced them in advance. It generates sales to say you are going to have these channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)