Dish has one more chance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

greenemister

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Angleton, TX
Rather wordy, but not even a complete detail of the problems I have had over the last year. Sent the text below to ceo@echostar.com

I am fed up with Dish Networks lack of ability to solve my reception problem.
Since April of last year, I have spent hours on the phone and had over six visists by technicains. This is after a VIP622 upgrade.

Technician #1 - Did not have a clue about what was discussed with Dish over the phone for the initial upgrade to the above receiver.
He could not get the new receiver to work. Finally left without completing the installation.

Technician #2 - Was able to get the ViP622 receiver to work. But it failed two days later. (unable to get a signal)

Technician #2 - Returned the following week, swapped a few parts outside. Reception fixed. Lasted about a month.

Several phone calls involving myself troubleshooting for Dish Network, moving receivers around, etc. Tech support send a new vip622 receiver

Technician #3 - Tuned dish, verified new receiver would work, lasted about two months or so. 129 satellite was not coming in, gave up due to high work load.

This year I finally had time to get someone out.

Technician #4 - This guy was terrible. He kept changing his mind about what was wrong. The only thing he did was run one new cable from the DPP switch to the VIP622 receiver. Could not tune dish due to wet roof. I understand the safety issue. It was early Sat morning, I asked him to come back that afternoon, he said he did not have time because he was installing an Internet Dish at stated that those take over seven hours to install. I researched this on the internet and most installers say that it takes no more than 3. The technician asked me to wait two weeks before calling in the troubleshooting department because he would not get paid for the service call. Then he left.

Called Dish Network, they wanted to charge for a technician to return. I said no, it was under the 90 day warranty.

Technician #5 and #6 - Two guys came out, replaced several cable fittings. Tuned dish, everything was okay for about four hours.

Called Dish back, we set up for a technician to come back out on Saturday the 23rd of June.

On Thursday the 21st, a technician (#4) showed up unnanounced. I happened to have a guest staying the night at the house, but he did not know about the satellite problems. The technician was shown the VIP622 receiver, said he could not find anything wrong. That is not true. I came home that evening and had the same problems. The technician called me on my cell phone, I told him we had set the service call for Saturday. He was upset, stated that he wanted to fix it today, when I told him we could not be there until 5:30 PM, he said "I ain't coming out that late. I will move the service call back to Satrurday"

I called Dish Network to complain about this, asked for a supervisor, he hung up on me while I was telling him about the problems I have been having. (I had waited for 15 minutes for him to come to the phone)

I am giving Dish one more chance today. If they cannot solve the problem, they are out of here.:mad: :mad:

You're having reception problems with 129. Where are you located? Is it possible to install a second dish to get 61.5? What's your Signal Strength on 129 transponder 31 and TP 6.

129 has been trouble for a lot of people, specially in the West Coast and Pacific Northwest. The only two solutions I see for poor reception of 129 are a bigger dish at 129 (24'' or 30'') or have another dish at 61.5 (if you have line of sight).

No matter how many times they try to adjust your dish, those two are the only solutions that will give you good reception off 129. You can search this forum for all the problems on 129.

Hi Randall. Thanks for the info.
The last intelligent technicians alluded to doing that (installing a second dish), but in the end did not. They thought the bad cable ends were the problem, however they did say they "tuned the 129 as close as possible"
I have no SS on TP 31, 71 on TP 6
Location is Angleton, TX, south of Houston by 40 miles.

"I have no SS on TP 31" definitely your problem. I would insist in having that second dish installed for 61.5 and that should fix your problem. I don't know if Houston has HD locals up already (I don't believe so) but at this point you basically don't want 129.

"I have no SS on TP 31" definitely your problem. I would insist in having that second dish installed for 61.5 and that should fix your problem. I don't know if Houston has HD locals up already (I don't believe so) but at this point you basically don't want 129.

Usually TP31 has a higher ss than 31. Do some locations have more trouble with certain tp's than others? I ask, because I also wondered if this could be a bad lnb.

Well, I appreciate the support from ya'll, but Dish just blew it. I called tech support to verify when the tech was coming out, they said they do not have me on the books for today.

I realize that I will be taking a performance hit by using DirectTV (all HD lite) but I can only stay in a burning house for so long. I have sunk too much $ and time into this, no more.

Anybody want to buy a 921 receiver? You only have to reboot it once a day!

John

Earlier you mentioned about the roof being wet so the installer wouldnt work on the dish. I assume the previous day while you were having the problem it was either raining or with heavy overcast. It doesnt have to actually rain for it to interfere significantly with 129. It hasnt rained here for a couple months so its ok now (signal strength could be better). But when the weather wasnt so good 129 was quite problematic. Some channels would still work pretty good. Others not at all. Im in northern CA.

This is why I do my own installs. Always have.

Even when I upgraded to the 622 and Dish insisted that they send a tech, I told them ok its your money but I'm already setup. He came out, saw that I already had a 61.5 and a 110/119 setup and tuned in, he verified the connections and dish pointing, hooked up the 622 and called it in and left.

Good luck with your D* install.

I am next door in louisiana and have no problems with the 129 signal. sounds like the dish may not be pointed correctly, or there is something in the way.