Dish HD - Are You Downsizing?

Did you downsize your HD programming?

• No, I did not downsize my HD programming.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Yes, I downsized to the HD Essential package.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Yes, I downsized to the HD Only pack.

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

butzchan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
After the recent additions and subtractions of HD channels on Dish, did you downsize your programming?

Yes...did it last night. Dropped the Ultimate Package to save $10. No transfer fee. I could tell from their constant sales pitch they were just relieved that I didn't cancel my entire service.

I guess the question is, why wouldn't you?

What is the difference between HD Ultimate and HD Essentials now?

To answer your question, I haven't yet. I keep expecting Dish to announce something that will make me want to stay with HD Ultimate.

How can you DOWNsize your HD to the HD-only pack.. by definition you get all the HD (except maybe RSNs).. seems like that would be an UPsize (on the HD front) for anyone except those that had the AT250 pack + HD before..

Question? I have the 200 package with all hd except what is in the 250. I would only like the hd channels that are included when you subscribe to the 200. How much money would I save? I'm guessing $10? I was grandfathered into this new system and never had to pick an hd package.

I think this poll would make more sense to ask current Ultimate subscribers if they are downsizing. I can't imagine too many people moving down from Essentials.

I guess the question is, why wouldn't you?

What is the difference between HD Ultimate and HD Essentials now?

To answer your question, I haven't yet. I keep expecting Dish to announce something that will make me want to stay with HD Ultimate.

there are 7 channels in the Ultimate package only.

MGM HD
Smithsonian HD
HDNEt Movies
Universal HD
World Fishing Network HD
NHL HD
NBA HD

You just have to decide if those channels are worth paying more. I think that they are but I can certainly see why some would disagree.

How can you DOWNsize your HD to the HD-only pack.. by definition you get all the HD (except maybe RSNs).. seems like that would be an UPsize (on the HD front) for anyone except those that had the AT250 pack + HD before..

In terms of $. If you have the HD Only, you are ultimately getting more HD than the HD essential, but are getting less overall programming (and no HD RSN's). That is downsizing.

there are 7 channels in the Ultimate package only.

MGM HD
Smithsonian HD
HDNEt Movies
Universal HD
World Fishing Network HD
NHL HD
NBA HD

You just have to decide if those channels are worth paying more. I think that they are but I can certainly see why some would disagree.

If Universal would go back to unedited content and no commercials, I agree with you.

No, I did not downsize, but the replacement of Voom sucks. I was so attached to Voom I feel like cancelling my service, but I will not because even though I miss Voom the other services I have with Dish are worth having and Dish is clearly superior to the other services. That said you never know what could happen.

I just completed my downsizing. It was painless, took less than 5 min. and I actually enjoyed the conversation I had with a young "Southern Bell":)

I went from the AT200 w/locals and HD Ultimate to the HD only package. She waved the $5.00 fee. I will loose about 100 or so SD channels that I don't watch. The only one I will miss is Speed Channel. I gain 4 or 5 HD channels that I will actually watch. I will also save $35.00 per month on my bill.:up

I know people need/like to vent, but the amount outrage really surprises me. I REALLY did not like the way Dish pulled the Voom channels without warning.......and there was three Voom channels I really liked........but I think the channels added(Collectively) are much more compelling then suite of niche programming with VERY little new content that Voom offered. I do think that Dish needs to immediately address the problem with the "Ultimate" package......either add more channels or cut the price!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)