Dish HD + Comcast HD advice...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Comcast finally started offering HD here and I wanted to check it out so I got an install in combination with my E* service. My setup is E* with Platinum/locals on a Vip622 and Comcast Platinum with their 6412 HD DVR. My E* is on a lease contract until November, Comcast has no contract.

I have found Comcast to not have my locals in HD, an inferior DVR and significantly superior HD picture quality.

My question is what combination would best accomplish the following goals with the least expense and fulfilling E* commitment?

1) Keep HD locals on E*
2) Keep HDNet, Voom and HDNet Movies in HD on E*
3) Move premium movies in HD to Comcast
4) Use Comcast for Discovery, NGEO and any other duplicate HD
5) Keep HD channels Comcast has that E* doesn't, such as MHD
6) Keep a good selection of SD on one or the other (preferably E*)

I'm looking for the best of both worlds with the least expense.

Comcast finally started offering HD here and I wanted to check it out so I got an install in combination with my E* service. My setup is E* with Platinum/locals on a Vip622 and Comcast Platinum with their 6412 HD DVR. My E* is on a lease contract until November, Comcast has no contract.

I have found Comcast to not have my locals in HD, an inferior DVR and significantly superior HD picture quality.

My question is what combination would best accomplish the following goals with the least expense and fulfilling E* commitment?

1) Keep HD locals on E*
2) Keep HDNet, Voom and HDNet Movies in HD on E*
3) Move premium movies in HD to Comcast
4) Use Comcast for Discovery, NGEO and any other duplicate HD
5) Keep HD channels Comcast has that E* doesn't, such as MHD
6) Keep a good selection of SD on one or the other (preferably E*)

I'm looking for the best of both worlds with the least expense.

As a recent convert from Comcast Platinum 3416 to DISH 622+AEP+HD+Locals, numbers 5, [INHD and locals] 2 and perhaps 3 make the most sense.
In getting the premiums, I think you have to get digital classic, which is around $61 here to start. I'd say Comcast has better HD movie channels, including Cinemax HD, however it woud be around $85 a month. I don't think any movie channel is $15 better plus the $61 digital classic.... I doubt if you can just order Cinemax & HBO HD alone from Comcast...

I'd call to cancel Comcast and get a good deal from them. They offered me 3 movie channels and a HD box for $75/mo. to stay, but that is very pricey...
Cinemax HD is desirable, but not $75 great. :cool:
The DISH 622 DVR is just so awesome... Those dropouts on 129 and OTA local reception being the only negatives for DISH.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts