Dish HD Commercials

DanLee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
NW Indiana
Last night during a commercial break, a DishHD commercial came on and I noticed that The Weather Channel HD Logo was included in the list of channels they say they are broadcasting. I didn't see any others but it moves pretty fast. Should we consider this as a hint of at least one future hd channel? Sorry Sci-Fi fans:(.

Last night during a commercial break, a DishHD commercial came on and I noticed that The Weather Channel HD Logo was included in the list of channels they say they are broadcasting. I didn't see any others but it moves pretty fast. Should we consider this as a hint of at least one future hd channel? Sorry Sci-Fi fans:(.
possibly, but i doubt its added soon. You say it was in the list of channels already being broadcast??

Nice find Dan. I would guess that it means that TWC and E* have a deal inked and it's just a matter of when the channel will go live. I highly doubt E* would have the legal right to advertise TWC HD without an agreement in place.

I would think several have inked a deal already. I do think when they start getting more bandwith( which they are in the process doing or about to start) we will see them around the first of the year. If not sooner. Just a guess.

possibly, but i doubt its added soon. You say it was in the list of channels already being broadcast??

Well, not necessarily. During the commercial as they mention their "largest national hd programming", they have all the logos of the HD channels they offer. On the screen, The Weather CHannel HD was included. I take it to be a ploy similar to D* on their commercials where they show the HD logos of Disney, Spike, CMT, MTV, ABC Family because they have deals in the works.

I wonder if there are others on the commercial that I missed?

Nice find Dan. I would guess that it means that TWC and E* have a deal inked and it's just a matter of when the channel will go live. I highly doubt E* would have the legal right to advertise TWC HD without an agreement in place.

I agree. I dont think the logo would be advertized without a finalized agreement.

On the d* commercial it shows mtv hd, but I heard that they had no plans for an hd channel. They are happy with MHD

On the d* commercial it shows mtv hd, but I heard that they had no plans for an hd channel. They are happy with MHD
id be curious to know that one too. Ive heard by some seemingly knowledgeable people on here that is was coming. And probably this month.

I think Scott has said that Vh1, MTV and I think CMT will be the next to launch hd channels on Direct.

There is no way VH1, MTV and CMT will be able to deliver real HD channels. If you are okay with a network or provider (Direct TV) telling you a channel is HD when it's mostly upcoverted, bad looking SD programs, good for you. I call it misleading at best and lying at worst. What do you think MTV is going to do with all the programs they prodiced over the last ten years? Throw it all away? You will be paying for HD and getting a sham. Wake up everybody!

There is no way VH1, MTV and CMT will be able to deliver real HD channels. If you are okay with a network or provider (Direct TV) telling you a channel is HD when it's mostly upcoverted, bad looking SD programs, good for you. I call it misleading at best and lying at worst. What do you think MTV is going to do with all the programs they prodiced over the last ten years? Throw it all away? You will be paying for HD and getting a sham. Wake up everybody!
Why wouldnt they? They shoot new shows every year. Sure some of the older stuff will be upconvert, most every channel does that at some point during the day, but to say they*(MTV, CMT, VH1) will never be able to is what i think is misleading

I can't remember which show I was watching this morning, (I think either on ESPN or USA) but the Dish HD commercial came on and it is still showing the Weather Channel HD logo. I didn't see any other HD logos that are not allready on. I would assume that TWC-HD is at least "coming soon". Maybe E* will throw us a bone and add a handfull of other national HDs when TWC-HD is added.

Why do you think that? Some will be upconverted, but as new shows are added the content will begin to swing more and more towards true HD.

I can't remember which show I was watching this morning, (I think either on ESPN or USA) but the Dish HD commercial came on and it is still showing the Weather Channel HD logo. I didn't see any other HD logos that are not allready on. I would assume that TWC-HD is at least "coming soon". Maybe E* will throw us a bone and add a handfull of other national HDs when TWC-HD is added.

How about the most sought after HD channel. Sci-Fi HD? If E* threw us that, it would make enough people happy that it might take the pressure off them for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)