DISH HD customers

spmurw

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Los Angeles
With all of the banter about Turbo HD customers not getting certain HD channels, I am curious how many customers actually subscribe to the Turbo packages? I am wondering how well their HD subscriptions are doing as it relates to DirecTV-

With all of the banter about Turbo HD customers not getting certain HD channels, I am curious how many customers actually subscribe to the Turbo packages? I am wondering how well their HD subscriptions are doing as it relates to DirecTV-

I don't think we Turbo subs comprise a large part of the E* subscriber base. Since D* doesn't have any all-HD packages, there isn't really a comparison to make, is there? I would guess both DBS companies have similar HD profiles when looking at the percentages of subs with HD programming packages. I can't see why either company would have an advantage one way or the other. D* has sports and E* has premium movies channels and several HD channels D* doesn't, but I don't see any of those as driving HD. I could be wrong though.

i have been a E Subscribe for 3 years. I am very happy with the 622VIP receiver and the turbo gold package. I rarely watch any SD programming so this package makes the most sense for me. To get what i watch in HD on direct i would have to get the Choice Extra package (54.99) and then the HD extra (5.99-similiar channels to platinum) and the sports pack. I would save only a few bucks a month and then lose WGN. Would like to have MLB net but will survive.

E* baited me into switching from D* with TurboHD -- and I am regertting it now. I was told several times that the new HD channels coming in 2009 would be included in the TurboHD packages; heck, even during a Charlie Chat they proclaimed the much larger price increase to TurboHD packages (compared to the increases to the Classic packages) was because of all the new HD coming and that it would be "worth it". Talk about a pack of lies! :rant: With the rumor now that E* is going to pull the plug on TurboHD, it seems fairly clear that Charlie was just using them as part of a bait-and-switch scheme.

Talk about a pack of lies! :rant: With the rumor now that E* is going to pull the plug on TurboHD, it seems fairly clear that Charlie was just using them as part of a bait-and-switch scheme.
When you call someone a liar, know of what you speak. Fox and Viacom are behind the problems with the Turbo packages.

When you call someone a liar, know of what you speak
They said the large price increase to TurboHD would be "worth it" because of all the new HD coming (and at the same time their employees were telling potenetial customers the new HD channels would be included in the TurboHD packages). So at this point, that sure appears to be a lie. Classic+HD packages that went up 1/3 less than some TurboHD packages are getting MORE new HD channels than TurboHD!!!

Fox and Viacom are behind the problems with the Turbo packages.
I've haven't seen that reason listed in any presser or any other reliable source. So maybe you need to may sure you know of what you speak. :rolleyes:

TurboHD was a confusing mess. First it was the encoding to "turbocharge" your HD. Then it was the programming package. Just another shot in the dark that blew up in their face.

It's come from Scott in several threads. Here's one.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1854724-post5.html
LOL, how else would you expect DISH to answer? You really think they'd say that it's their fault for being too cheap? :rolleyes: Besides, if the programmers truly won't play then why hasn't Charlie reduced that large price increase to TurboHD that was suppose to cover all these new HD channels and be so "worth it" (since he supposedly now knows he cannot offer them)? :( Perhaps, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

What pkgs. would someone have to order, not counting the premium movie channels, to get all the hd channels? I'm guessing:

classic gold, turbo gold, & the platatium pkgs.

It's come from Scott in several threads. Here's one.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1854724-post5.html

But Scott also stated as a fact tyhat Charlie(Dish) was going to take care of the Tutbo subscribers and ain't sh*t happened. Is Scott lieing or being lied to by Charlie. I think he is being lied to by Charlie. It seems all lies come back to Charlie. Oh! What a shock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)