low signal on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wavest

Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
northeast
I've been experiencing occasional dropouts on 129. My signal readings are 63 on 119 and 64 on 110, however on 129 I'm down to 44. I noticed that if I switch the transponder from 30 to 31, the signal goes to 46 and if I switch to 32 it goes to 55. The default is 30, is there a way to change to transponder 32? Excuse my ignorance. Thanks!

Transponders are sort of like satellite channels with each transponder transmitting whatever programming channels have been assigned to that transponder. If you look at The List (link at top of page) you will be able to see what programming is on what transponder for each satellite. Not all transponders will have the same signal strength even for the same satellite. Your antenna may need a minor tweak to up your signal strength. The 129 strengths are usually a bit lower than those for 110 and 119, although a 44 SS shouldn't cause dropouts. If you are in the upper NE, that satellite is pretty low on your horizon.

44 will hold up fine, but yes, you probably could use a tweak. Also remember, 129 will generally (pending location) be lower than 119/110 on a three sat Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)