DISH HD - Denver HD Locals

TWISM

Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
How does Dish go about picking the counties in Nebraska where they can get HD Locals?

The reason I ask is I live in Scottsbluff county and above my county and below it can get the Denver locals in HD but I cant???

Edit - This is from the thread that announced the Denver locals. " In addition, DISH Network will deliver HD locals in the following nine Nebraska counties: Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, Grant, Hooker, Keith and Kimball, plus the following six Wyoming counties: Albany, Campbell, Carbon, Johnson, Niobrara and Platte. "

TWISM said:
How does Dish go about picking the counties in Nebraska where they can get HD Locals?

The reason I ask is I live in Scottsbluff county and above my county and below it can get the Denver locals in HD but I cant???

Edit - This is from the thread that announced the Denver locals. " In addition, DISH Network will deliver HD locals in the following nine Nebraska counties: Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, Grant, Hooker, Keith and Kimball, plus the following six Wyoming counties: Albany, Campbell, Carbon, Johnson, Niobrara and Platte. "

I would *move* if I were you....

I just moved into a new place, I dont feel like moving. Unless I am missing something...

a few years ago, Nielsen decided which counties get what locals. And it looks like Scottsbluff is in the Cheyenne, WY DMA (designated market area). Maybe because KDUH is in the market.

Below is a map of Nebraska and what counties are in what DMA

what jimboeau means is "move", not move
move-you physically move into a new house
"move"-you tell dish you live in ____________, but you live in your legit area. You give dish an address in the Denver DMA to get Denver locals & HD.

As an example, I live in the Minneapolis DMA but I "moved" to Duluth to get Duluth, MN locals (I use to live there and they have my college hockey team on ABC). So according to Dish, my physical address is Duluth but the billing address is Minneapolis. I can get HD locals from Mpls with an OTA antenna.

So as long as you have the Dish1000, pick an address in one of the counties that has Denver locals and call Dish and change it. Tell them you moved and already have the equipment set up but the billing address doesn't change

pro-you have Denver locals
cons-you lose your current locals, and any time you have service issues, you have to "move" back to your normal place to have service done. Also, you would need the DIsh1000 already to get those.

Attachments

• nebraska.gif
    nebraska.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,363
Scottsbluff and Sioux belong to Cheyenne and Banner belongs to Rapid City so I don't know how they are gettng any Denver stations unless OTA. Do you have any friends in the Neb counties that belong to Denver? and although the neilsen dmas are used to determine locality, it is Dish (and the local affiliate) that determine who gets carried and when. Nielsen doesnt have anything to do with it.. The announcment is just saying that dish will carry DT (SD too not just HD)locals in the Denver DMA and lists the noncolorado counties invovled. So if dish decides to carry cheyenne DTV, you can some HD (not Denver but still the network progamming should be the largely the same)

TWISM said:

Out of curoiusity - do you relate more the cheyenne than rapid City or Denver? I mean are you more likely to go shopping there? Just to check the rationale for dmas in the first place. How the heck did banner county get stuck w/rapid city?

Montana DMA map

Hey, Iceberg, is there somewhere that I can get access to dma maps like the one you showed for Nebraska? Thanks

ThomasRz said:
Out of curoiusity - do you relate more the cheyenne than rapid City or Denver? I mean are you more likely to go shopping there? Just to check the rationale for dmas in the first place. How the heck did banner county get stuck w/rapid city?

I never go to Cheyenne, I only pass by on my way to Fort Collins and Denver. I do know people in Sydney and Kimball that do get Denver HD Locals.

TWISM said:
I never go to Cheyenne, I only pass by on my way to Fort Collins and Denver. I do know people in Sydney and Kimball that do get Denver HD Locals.

So send them a slingbox for CHristmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)