This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish HD-DVR Now $199 to Lease

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
I called E* about possibly signing up for service. I was told by the man I talked to that the new HD-DVR price is now$199. In addition you get $20 dollars off your bill for 10 months making it practically free. I may just take that.

I agree, it is a heck of a deal for new subs. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

I just signed my inlaws with the E* HD Silver Package and HD DVR 622. What a great deal it is. Might have to visit more!!!

Whew, I agree that the 622 is nice, but still. . . Visit the inlaws more? I don't think so

Same contracts as before.

18 months for existing

optional 18 for new

BFG said:

18 months for existing

optional 18 for new
If I'm a new subscriber and I take the option to not have the 18 mo. contract, what advantage or disadvantage do I have instead of taking the contract?

mlb said:
Only difference is you have to pay a $50 activation fee.
Hmmm...
I signed up Fri 6/9 for 622 and no contract. I asked about the difference between contract and no-contract and was told that only difference was support. For example, I would be charged for service calls and pay for shipping/handling if 622 is defective-replaced. I was specifically told there would not be an activation fee and the only credit card charge as of now is $199.99 for 622. My install is scheduled for Wed and I guess I could be charged $50 for activation then, but that was not what I was told. CSR who took my order also sounded confused.

Still confused on the difference.

BFG said:

18 months for existing

optional 18 for new

Just curious - what happens at the end of 18 months?

From prior posts, I am thinking:

** no more $6/month lease fee
** no longer required to sub to metallic package

Is this correct?

When you sign the contract they also give you Dish support for free during that duration (from what I gather, anyway). I also was told they waive the activation fee if you sign the contract, otherwise it is $50. Maybe you lucked out into not getting the activation charge (I'm not an actual customer yet, waiting at least until July 1st or possibly may wait until AT&T Homezone comes out).

KyDave said:
Just curious - what happens at the end of 18 months?

From prior posts, I am thinking:

** no more $6/month lease fee
** no longer required to sub to metallic package

Is this correct?

actually nothing happens. there's still a $6 month lease fee and you still have to keep a metallic package to continue having the leased box

BFG said:
actually nothing happens. there's still a $6 month lease fee and you still have to keep a metallic package to continue having the leased box
Is there a lease fee for new 622 subscriber, Bronze HD pkg? Or a DVR fee for the 622?

for new customers if the 622 is your only receiver, then no lease fee, but yes still to the dvr fee