Dish HD-DVR Now $199 to Lease

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
I called E* about possibly signing up for service. I was told by the man I talked to that the new HD-DVR price is now$199. In addition you get $20 dollars off your bill for 10 months making it practically free. I may just take that.:)

Whew, I agree that the 622 is nice, but still. . . Visit the inlaws more? I don't think so :D

BFG said:
Same contracts as before.

18 months for existing

optional 18 for new
If I'm a new subscriber and I take the option to not have the 18 mo. contract, what advantage or disadvantage do I have instead of taking the contract?

mlb said:
Only difference is you have to pay a $50 activation fee.
Hmmm...
I signed up Fri 6/9 for 622 and no contract. I asked about the difference between contract and no-contract and was told that only difference was support. For example, I would be charged for service calls and pay for shipping/handling if 622 is defective-replaced. I was specifically told there would not be an activation fee and the only credit card charge as of now is $199.99 for 622. My install is scheduled for Wed and I guess I could be charged $50 for activation then, but that was not what I was told. CSR who took my order also sounded confused.

Still confused on the difference. :confused:

BFG said:
Same contracts as before.

18 months for existing

optional 18 for new

Just curious - what happens at the end of 18 months?

From prior posts, I am thinking:

** no more $6/month lease fee
** no longer required to sub to metallic package

Is this correct?

hiker said:
Hmmm...
I signed up Fri 6/9 for 622 and no contract. I asked about the difference between contract and no-contract and was told that only difference was support. For example, I would be charged for service calls and pay for shipping/handling if 622 is defective-replaced. I was specifically told there would not be an activation fee and the only credit card charge as of now is $199.99 for 622. My install is scheduled for Wed and I guess I could be charged $50 for activation then, but that was not what I was told. CSR who took my order also sounded confused.

Still confused on the difference. :confused:

When you sign the contract they also give you Dish support for free during that duration (from what I gather, anyway). I also was told they waive the activation fee if you sign the contract, otherwise it is $50. Maybe you lucked out into not getting the activation charge (I'm not an actual customer yet, waiting at least until July 1st or possibly may wait until AT&T Homezone comes out).

KyDave said:
Just curious - what happens at the end of 18 months?

From prior posts, I am thinking:

** no more $6/month lease fee
** no longer required to sub to metallic package

Is this correct?

actually nothing happens. there's still a $6 month lease fee and you still have to keep a metallic package to continue having the leased box

BFG said:
actually nothing happens. there's still a $6 month lease fee and you still have to keep a metallic package to continue having the leased box
Is there a lease fee for new 622 subscriber, Bronze HD pkg? Or a DVR fee for the 622?

for new customers if the 622 is your only receiver, then no lease fee, but yes still to the dvr fee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)