Dish HD in Northern New England?

drdroo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Bangor, ME USA
Based on maps I saw, Northern New England is outside the footprint for 129. What are people using (dish/Sats) to get Dish HD without having access to 129?

Thanks in advance.

Based on maps I saw, Northern New England is outside the footprint for 129. What are people using (dish/Sats) to get Dish HD without having access to 129?

Thanks in advance.

Dish 500 for 110/119 and another dish 500 pointed to 61.5. 61.5 has all the same HD channels as 129 does for those on the east coast that can't see 129.

I could just add a Dish300 or 500 aimed at 61.5 to my Port 3 on the DP34 and then I'd be ready to go?

Last edited:
Yes, that would do it as long as the lnb would be a DishPro.

Fantastic. Is there any way I can upgrade my gear without having an installer come? Right now I have 2 leased 311's, a 721 I own, and a 311 I own.. I'd want to switch to 622, 2x211. I'd rather not have the Dish installer here, especially since the config involves a telecom tower on-site.

Thanks

I just had a 622 installed today. I'm in central VT. The installer said he had no choice but to use a seperate dish500 and point it at 61.5 for this region. Hope that helps.

I just had a 622 installed today. I'm in central VT. The installer said he had no choice but to use a seperate dish500 and point it at 61.5 for this region. Hope that helps.

Good to know.. I think that's my solution. Now the question is if I can upgrade my hardware without having an installer come out if I install the Dish500 @ 61.5.. Does anyone know the answer to that? I'd want to drop my owned 721 and replace it with a leased 622, and drop 2 311s (leased) for 2 VIP211s.

The strange thing is they did lease me my 311s without seeing them here. I did self-install for what I have now. I bought through American Digital Dish in Ohio and they just mailed me everything.

I might have to look into something like that again. :)

Thanks