Dish HD Install ... Thoughts?

sgarringer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Folks,

Long time lurker, one of my first posts on the site. Made the plunge a few weeks back and signed up for Dish HD service. Pulled the plug on the cable company (Mediacom). Digging the service, so far, I live in Cedar Rapids, IA and 'moved' to Chicago for the locals.

Finally got a chance to clean up the install a bit and thought I'd post a few photos to get some ideas what others think.

P5101757.JPG

This is the setup, its in the back of the yard (had to get the girlfriends thumbs up). I just put up that 20' tower (eventually it will be 50 and hold a few HAM radio antennas) for locals.

P5101767.JPG

This is the dish's view of the sky. I noticed my signal is a bit low on 129, but that seems to be common. Eventually I'm going to be building a shed right where the dish sits now, so it will be mounted on the roof about 10 feet up.

P5101764.JPG

This is where it feeds into the house, I grounded the lines myself (the installer just left them barreled through) to bring it to local fire code. The ungrounded line is the backfeed for a separate TV).

So, any suggestions on what I should improve. With the exceptions of the issues with 129 (basically drops out whenever it rains at all) can you think of anything I could improve?

I will be renting a trencher in the next few months to bury a pair of conduit, one for electrical 4 feet down for the shed, the other 18" down for feeding 5 coax lines (4 from dish and 1 from OTA) into the house. I figure at that point I'll put a dish up for 64.5...
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)