ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
HBO HD
Showtime HD
Universal HD
NBA HD
NFL HD
PPV HD
All the rest are on the 61.5 and the 129 Satellites. And not everyone listed above is available depending on your base package. HDnet Movies,NBAHD,and Universal HD is in the $20 package only as well. I don't know of any HD on the 119 Satellite. Heres the link from Dishnetwork with the list of packs and HD channels. DISH Network -- Dish HD

No for $10 using only the 110 Satellite for HD you only get;
TNTHD
HDnet
ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
HD Theater
NFL Network
PPV HD
and Showtime HD only if you subscribe to Showtime pack
HBO HD only if you subscribe to HBO pack.

Last edited:
then can dish enable my 622 for hd and not choose a hd pack right now.will that get rid of the 7.00 charge?

$7 Charge is an HD Enabling Fee, Which means if you have HD equipment ,But do not subscribe to an HD Package! Thats when the fee applies. If you upgrade to atleast the $10 HD pack the fee will be dropped then only. Even if your 622 is active your still going to get charged a fee $7 fee if you don't subscribe to an HD package.

No for $10 using only the 110 Satellite for HD you only get;
TNTHD
HDnet
ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
HD Theater
NFL Network
PPV HD
and Showtime HD only if you subscribe to Showtime pack
HBO HD only if you subscribe to HBO pack.

I have a question. I recently activated a new 722. I currently had a 311 and 811, with a $10 HD package as well as the "everything pack". I got all the HD channels you list above except for ESPN 2 and NFL Network. I was going to replace the 811 with new 722, but was told that I would lose my old HD package, as it wasn't available anymore. So I opted to replace the 311, keeping the 811. This forced Dish to let me keep my old package as it was tied to the 811. I have a superdish pointed at 110,119 and 121. I know that if I want to upgrade and get more HD channels I need to add another dish for the 61.5 feed, but won't do so until the weather warms up. They slapped me with an enabling fee on the 722, even though I already have a HD package. Don't understand that one.

My question is since I have the 110 feed, where is ESPN 2 and NFL Network in HD? I get them in SD, but no listing for HD. Not even in the "All Channels" guide. Are you sure they come off the 110 feed? You would think that they would show up in the All Channels part of the guide, just blocked in red showing you don't have those available in your subscription.

To avoid confusion, let's go over all the Dish HD packs there are:
----------
The old Dish HD package that has not been available to new HD subscribers for a few years which contained only four or 5 channels from 110°
HDNET
HDNET Movies
ESPN HD
HD Theater
---I may be missing one but I don't think so.
It does NOT include ESPN2 or NFL Network.

This package is grandfathered in and some people still have it.
-----------

Dish HD in ALASKA & HAWAII ONLY from 110° for $9.99 includes:
HD Theater
TNT HD
ESPN
ESPN 2
NFL Network HD
HD Net
HD Net Movies
Universal HD
---------------

Dish HD Essentials for $10 in the rest of the US inclued all the HD channels that have an SD counterpart in your particular package. Some of these channels are on 110° some are on 61.5°/129°. This includes your LOCAL RSN which is available EITHER at 129° or 61.5° depending on the channel. See Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial). You may add the "sports Pack" though the HD portion of the other RSNs will likely be blacked out on channels out of your area.

-------------

Dish HD Ultimate for $20 which includes all the HD channels except premium movies
This package is an add on to any AT package or AEP. This includes your LOCAL RSN which is available EITHER at 129° or 61.5° depending on the channel. See Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial). You may add the "sports Pack" though the HD portion of the other RSNs will likely be blacked out on channels out of your area.
------------

Dish HD Stand Alone package just introduced (reintroduced) for $29.99
Same HD channels as Dish HD Ultimate with AT250 but no SD channels (perhaps the SD versions of the HD channels you get, but nothing else. This does not include your local RSN and you may not purchase an add-on RSN pack.
You can add the Public Interest Pack for Free and any movie channels or a la carte channels, but you may not add an AT package. Otherwise it reverts to the "Ultimate" pack.

Hope that isn't too confusing

See ya
Tony

Well, it is still confusing to me. Am I getting all the HD channels? Should I have anything changed? I am pointing at 110, 119, 118.7, 129, and 61.5. But, 129 is disconnected at the DPP44 switch. What am I lacking because 129 is disconnected? Have following packages: Everything, HD ($20), Locals, Multi-Sport, and Superstation KWGN. I keep 129 disconnected most of the time. Should I cancel the Multi-Sport package? Thanks for the help.

OK, thanks. I was unsure and thought maybe I was missing a HD channel from the Multi-Sport Pak.

You are.

Without 129 you miss many HD RSN. You may also be missing HD LIL, now or in the future, if not in the NE, most of Florida and parts of Texas. Those areas use 61.5, while other areas use 129 for the HD channels not on 110/119.

You are.

Without 129 you miss many HD RSN. You may also be missing HD LIL, now or in the future, if not in the NE, most of Florida and parts of Texas. Those areas use 61.5, while other areas use 129 for the HD channels not on 110/119.

I am still a little new to Dish. I presume RSN means Regional Sports Networks! I will take a look at the 129 satellite list and try to figure it out. What does LIL mean?

I am still a little new to Dish. I presume RSN means Regional Sports Networks! I will take a look at the 129 satellite list and try to figure it out. What does LIL mean?

As of the moment (this info may change 2/13) the HD RSN's (yes, it does mean Regional Sports Networks) only show Professional Sports games in HD. Since my understanding is that Pro Sports are blacked out on all but your Home RSN, not having them should not be an issue as you will not see anything on them anyway.

Again, that may change on Wednesday (message saying the RSN HD is moving has me thinking they may go full time then, but not sure), but as of now, since the games are blacked out, wouldn't it be pointless to have the HD versions of the Sports Pack RSN's???

Geoff

As of the moment (this info may change 2/13) the HD RSN's (yes, it does mean Regional Sports Networks) only show Professional Sports games in HD. Since my understanding is that Pro Sports are blacked out on all but your Home RSN, not having them should not be an issue as you will not see anything on them anyway.

Again, that may change on Wednesday (message saying the RSN HD is moving has me thinking they may go full time then, but not sure), but as of now, since the games are blacked out, wouldn't it be pointless to have the HD versions of the Sports Pack RSN's???

Geoff
OK, thanks. But, what does LIL mean?

You are.

I receive HD LILs on 118.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)