Dish HD Pack ONLY For Someone Without $$

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
I recently started a new job in the morning that pays me alot less than the job I gave up. But wanting to start a career that Im happy with actually means alot to me. So I have alot less money to play with now and with three kids and a wife and bills to pay like everyone else....it becomes a reality that I cant get everything I want until I advance myself some more in my new career. My question is simple....I have tons of dishes on my roof ..pointing everywhere....110...119...and 61.5 are covered. The only package I want from dish is the HD pack ...$5 (VOOM) $10 (DISH HD) and $5 (base pack fee)...should be 20 bucks a mth for the whole pack. Which leaves me with the question of what HD receiver do I get from Dish or Ebay so I could just call them up to activate. I know the cheapest HD receivers are the 6000's but I have heard some bad things about them....is anyone using a 6000 right now with the VOOM ch's and Dish HD ch's? How bad are they? Anyone using 811 receiver for the HD ? Happy with it? Im going to call dish to find out what they can offer me and see if they can sell me a receiver. Any help would be great.

I have had my 6000u for over 2 years, it is slow and you do not want to leave it on a ota channel when you turn it off or try to check the guide.... Having said that I have watched most of my new V* channels on my 921, but I have spent several hours watching on the 6000u , no problems and my 6000u has been pretty solid once I figured out all the quirks...and I have it hooked to a dpp44 and get 119,110 and 61.5 with it...

I have an 811 that I bought at www.craigslist.org for $125.00 . There are listings regionally, and some people just want there used equipment picked up and out of there hair. Thats where I lucked out because at the same time I was picking up my 811 from a craigslist seller, I had a maximum bid of $150.00 in an auction at ebay. Luckily, I lost because the ebay auction on the 811 sold for $175.00, and thats not even counting the shipping costs. Craigs list also had some ads for 6000u's. I opted against it because it's old technology that on consensus was slow.

bye,

me

Yes I really dont want to get a 6000....Im leaning towards the 811. All of these receivers will be old technology once the MPEG 4 rolls around. Who really knows when that will be for Dish Net.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)