Dish HD, Pointing and Spot Beam Signal

FalconYT

Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Hello,

I recently had to move my dish 500 dish due to tree issues.... My signal according to the meter on the 622 receiver said my signal droped down to 15 or so and cloudy days or light rain killed it.. The installer/tech came out and told me to cut the tree down.. :) Yeah right one problem not on my property.. So I moved it to a new location and average anywhere from 58 to 70 depending on transponder... Pretty much the same on 110 and 119.. What type of signal would one get if they live say in Connecticut??? I wish I could say that the line of sight is clear but it really isn't.. The trees are not on my property so I've had to make the best of it... but that increase has pretty muched negated my rain issues unless it is really heavy..

Also in looking at the signal from the 61.5 dish, I noticed that the spotbeam signal is like 15, really low... However the other transponders are all over the place some almost as high as 80.. Weird.. Is this something that is normal for the part of the country or should the spotbeam signal be higher???? I have a tree line on a hill behind my house and would that effect the individual transponder signal?? I am thinking of getting a higher pole and re-pointing it too....

Any insight into the signal quality would help... Thanks.. :)

Your 58-70 on the 110/119 is ok. According to what I have read on this website, that would be 95-105 before dish adjusted the signal strength meters. 15 is very low for the spotbeam, but is it your spotbeam that your locals are on? I receive several spotbeams and some of them are very low, but they do not serve my area. Also, tp readings on 61.5 vary tremendously when compared to other satellites.

HD Locals

Well that's good to hear the 110, 119 sats are getting good signal... Yes my locals are Hartford and the HD locals are on the 61.5.. The non HD locals are on the 110..

My SpotBeam on the 110 says it's transponder 20, signal is 72
My SpotBeam on the 61.5 says it's transponder 1, signal is 48

Spotbeam that has low signal transponder 11, signal 31
SpotBeam 13, signal 25
Transponder 17, signal 34
Transponder 3,4 and 26 get nothing it seems

If the signal looks good for my area, I'll feel better the 48 on the HD spotbeam is much better than the 15 I have seen there previously...

Well that's good to hear the 110, 119 sats are getting good signal... Yes my locals are Hartford and the HD locals are on the 61.5.. The non HD locals are on the 110..

My SpotBeam on the 110 says it's transponder 20, signal is 72
My SpotBeam on the 61.5 says it's transponder 1, signal is 48

Spotbeam that has low signal transponder 11, signal 31
SpotBeam 13, signal 25
Transponder 17, signal 34
Transponder 3,4 and 26 get nothing it seems

If the signal looks good for my area, I'll feel better the 48 on the HD spotbeam is much better than the 15 I have seen there previously...
If you want to be sure what your local hd signal strength is, tune to one of the locals and then check signal strength directly from that channel. Menu, 6,1,1. I feel sure that it is tp 1

signal

Yes it's TP 1, and it's around 48, 49... It should be interesting to see what additional 50 channels they add for HD by the end of the year...

Thank you for the help... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)