Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Spring is in the air and yesterday Dish Network customers got a look at the season’s first HD bloom that appeared. Yesterday Dish Netwo...

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" at MultiChannel.COM!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish Network yesterday also launched three more local HD markets; these markets are Columbia, South Carolina, Baltimore, Maryland, and Green Bay, Wisconsin.

it's my understanding that Columbia, South Carolina DID NOT launch. any information on that? do they plan to do more uplinks before the week is out?

Yea that soon thing it leaves me wondering when soon will be soon enough. I hired a private PI to fine what Dish means by soon. Does anyone know if Charlie the Tuna will soon expand his receivers lineup?? Will it be soon?

Well I have used up my soons for today probably for the rest of the year soon( I could not reset the soon)

Yeah good read and they have even said anything about CNNHD yet and not listed on their site yet as well.

ONLY on 61.5?

Noticed that WGN HD was on the list in your Multichannel article.

I have a question for you, Scott:

What would you say if someone said that the offer from Dish to Tribune (WGN) was: "We will pay what you are asking, but you will only be on 61.5."

Further, that Tribune may have responded with: "Of course, you will give a free 61.5 Dish to anyone that wants one, right?"

And Dish would have said: "with a 2-year commitment".

And that Tribune might have responded with "That's not Free."

And Dish said: "WIthout a commitment it's $60."

At which point Tribune reportedly said: "come back when you're serious."

This might have been a few weeks ago. Think anything has changed?

You think Dish might be putting most of these National HD Channels on 61.5 ONLY as a way to push commitments and Eastern Arc? As well as to be able to say: "Look at all the HD we have added" Even though the vast majority of HD subscribers would not be able to access it without either spending some money or making a commitment?

You fellows should go to Chicago and join the rest of the wizzards at the commodities exchange. Those guys are real good at forcasting the futures price of crude oil. Maybe they can provide some hints on charlies "short' and "long" plans. WGN would like to know what's happening as well...............

Noticed that WGN HD was on the list in your Multichannel article.

I have a question for you, Scott:

What would you say if someone said that the offer from Dish to Tribune (WGN) was: "We will pay what you are asking, but you will only be on 61.5."

Further, that Tribune may have responded with: "Of course, you will give a free 61.5 Dish to anyone that wants one, right?"

And Dish would have said: "with a 2-year commitment".

And that Tribune might have responded with "That's not Free."

And Dish said: "WIthout a commitment it's $60."

At which point Tribune reportedly said: "come back when you're serious."

This might have been a few weeks ago. Think anything has changed?

You think Dish might be putting most of these National HD Channels on 61.5 ONLY as a way to push commitments and Eastern Arc? As well as to be able to say: "Look at all the HD we have added" Even though the vast majority of HD subscribers would not be able to access it without either spending some money or making a commitment?

I don't suppose E* would consider adding WGN HD this summer while we can watch some HD baseball...

...nah, probably not.

I don't suppose E* would consider adding WGN HD this summer while we can watch some HD baseball...

...nah, probably not.

bd2,

WGN HD will not have any Chicago baseball games. The WGN HD channel that is to be carried on Dish Network is the National Channel and NOT the Local WGN. Chicago Baseball games are only carried on the Local verison of the WGN channel as Tribune does NOT have the rights to broadcast the Chicago Baseball games to a national audience, just in the local market.

John

Yup, its spring and those plants and flowers do want to "bloom"! here in Ohio we had everything popping up and bam, two days ago we had a "hard freeze". Maybe that is what happened with E*, might have set them back a bit. Nice to see CNN HD lit up, if one of those flowers popped out, maybe, just maybe the rest will follow..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................soon.

Yup, its spring and those plants and flowers do want to "bloom"! here in Ohio we had everything popping up and bam, two days ago we had a "hard freeze". Maybe that is what happened with E*, might have set them back a bit. Nice to see CNN HD lit up, if one of those flowers popped out, maybe, just maybe the rest will follow..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................soon.

lol. It's like my peach trees. A couple of years ago we had a bumper crop. Last year we had maybe one or two peaches. :)

bd2,

WGN HD will not have any Chicago baseball games. The WGN HD channel that is to be carried on Dish Network is the National Channel and NOT the Local WGN. Chicago Baseball games are only carried on the Local verison of the WGN channel as Tribune does NOT have the rights to broadcast the Chicago Baseball games to a national audience, just in the local market.

John

Really?? Superstation WGN doesn't show Cubs games any longer??

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know.

The Superstation, at least this year, still shows some Cubs and Sox games, just not as many as the local Chicago WGN feed.

...nah, probably not.

Why would you want to watch the Cubs in HD. Just make the losses seem worse, and yes like usual, they will lose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)