Dish HD Ultimate (what would make it worthwhile to you)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This still doesn't answer the question guys--and gals--why is Direct ahead and why have they been ahead for so long now? It used to be generally acknowledged that Direct was the sports place and Dish was the movie place. Go with whom you felt give you the most of which. As it stands, and has stood for far too long now, Direct is even more the sports place and now a better movie place. Better movies mean national channels, premium channels. Direct has them, Dish does not. I just called Direct to talk about switching from Dish. When I was through, I got an offer for more HD movies and sports for less money. Figures don't lie, kids.

I think if they could add all of the hd channels that are currently in the 250 package this would keep me in the ultimate package. They could at least do this until they get other channels to add that are not in the essentials package.

They won't do anything that encourages people to subscribe to a lower basic package. They'd be better off cutting the price of HD Ultimate to keep people from dropping.

Adding National Geographic HD, Science HD, and whatever else is just an invitation to drop to AT 200. And actually, to make it make sense, they'd need to add the AT200 channels too..now you might was well drop all the way down.

They won't do anything that encourages people to subscribe to a lower basic package. They'd be better off cutting the price of HD Ultimate to keep people from dropping.

Adding National Geographic HD, Science HD, and whatever else is just an invitation to drop to AT 200. And actually, to make it make sense, they'd need to add the AT200 channels too..now you might was well drop all the way down.

This is true. Well, they better do something soon or there is no point in me staying in the Ultimate package.

I was wondering when you are in a 2 yr. contract with Dish, does this mean you can't go down to a lower package or does this just mean that you can't drop Dish all together without being penalized?

Actually, I should amend this statement. HBO doesn't charge the cable systems or DISH/Direct extra for the extra channels. But there seems to be a tendency for cable systems to charge a BIT more if they have more channels available.

I ran a quick search and found a system in June Lake, CA that ONLY has 1 HBO, 1 Showtime, and 1 TMC. HBO is $9. Showtime/TMC is $11.95

Also, the last time I had cable, they had JUST added HBO 2 & . They were charging $10 for HBO, and $12 for HBO 1 & 2. The only way you could get HBO 3 is to get the $26 package that also included Showtime, TMC, and Flix. (You could get Flix alone for $3!)

In any case, the idea that if 6 HBOs cost $14, 1 HBO must be $2.33 is completely wrong.

Like others have said, there really isn't much out there in terms of exclusive HD (MOJOHD and that's about it) and coming up with a compelling reason to retain Ultimate for $10 more is difficult without adding a premium or VOOM. Just my 2 cents or, in this case, $10.

Unless or until an appropriate number of diverse channels are added, the price should be cut in half to $5.

And Dish Network's accounting office should make that change. We shouldn't all have to call individually to get this, they should do it automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts