Dish Hd upgrade with motosat in motorhome

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimdt

Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I new here and have a problem thats driving me crazy. I've had dish 500 in my motohome for four years using a 311 receiver and a motosat m500 dish. I upgarde to dish HD ultimate and can't get the three sats to work. The moto sat has a buit in switch that brings one cable into the MH with both 119 and 110. I put up a stand alone dish for 61.5 and tried to get the cable signals through a dp34 and a sw 21 switch. I get 110 and 61.5 through the dp 34 but not 119. I get 61.5 0r 110 and 119 but not all three. Is ther anything I can do , short of buying another standalone dish with dual lnbs to replace the motosat?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jim

If you only need 61.5, 110, and 119, you don't need the SW 21. Just use the DP 34, and make sure that all of the LNB's you're using are DP lnb's.

Kev1782

Is there an easy way to determine if they are DP lnbs? I was told that the switch combining the two lnbs is internal to the lnbs so I only have one cable coming into the MH to connect to the DP34. Do you know that if the lnbs are dp the one cable will let 119 and 119 pass through the dp34?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Kev1782

Is there an easy way to determine if they are DP lnbs? I was told that the switch combining the two lnbs is internal to the lnbs so I only have one cable coming into the MH to connect to the DP34. Do you know that if the lnbs are dp the one cable will let 119 and 119 pass through the dp34?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Jim,

If your MotoSat has only one cable from the MotoSat LNBF's then you will not be able to use any Dish Network switches to add any additional Orbital slots.

John

Legacy LNB

Kev1782

Thanks for the help.

Jim

The dish you have uses legacy LNB's. You probably will have to change them out and them to the dp34 outside with the 61.5 dish going into the dp34 outside as well. Motosat is still in business and I confirmed what I had thought before this reply (formerly sold these when working for a Directv dist.). If you want to look at their present info it's http://www.motosat.com/

If your m500 does indeed have a legacy LNB, and it looks to be a legacy twin, then you can use a legacy single or dual, pointed at 61.5, and joined to your existing cable with a SW21x switch, which is used to cascade after a SW21 switch, which is built into your M500. Run the check switch to acknowledge all three SAT's.

Thanks everyone. It's great to get info when your confused. ajg1950 is it an sw21x or does the x indicate another number and where can I get one?

Thanks again everone for your replys. I really want get away from carring around two dishes.

Jim

Jim, The SW21X switch looks just like an SW21 switch, except for the X after SW21. These can usually be found by an internet search. The SW21X switch was designed to be cascaded after two legacy LNB's had been joined with an SW21 switch, either a legacy twin(which has a built in switch) or two serarate legacy LNB's were joined with an SW21. I don't remember the technical reason right off hand. However, in my experience, I have joined two legacy LNB's with an SW21 and then joined a third legacy LNB with another SW21 and everything worked fine. Don't know if would always work but would be worth trying if you happen to have an SW21. Hope this helps. ajg1950

Jim, I see that Sadoun Satellite Sales, which I believe is a sponsor or advertizer for this site sales the SW21X switch. Probably you could use a disc2 switch, two way or three way, as needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)