Dish HD VS DIRECTV HD POll (switch)

How does Directv HD make you feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keeping the NESH HD theme rolling. If next March comes and it hasn't been added I'll be switching. I'm really disappointed they didn't add TBS-HD in time for the playoffs this year but for now I'll ride DISH out for a few months and know that I'm not watching another baseball season in SD.

I am staying around for a while. We are planing on buying a new house in the next few years. If NESN HD is not available by then I will have to make the switch.

I have this funny felling that I will be have to make the switch.

To switch or not to switch? :confused:
I think the stopper for me as of now is that D* asks too much for their HD DVR ($199 upfront) and it is lacks in important features comparing to 622 unit.
Another stopper - all these channels just don't have a lot of HD content right now.
So when content will be available and the price is right ($0 as Dish does), maybe it will be an easy move.:D
Havent paid for any box ive got from D* or E*

I was referring to these channels (History HD in particular) only on E*.
Well wouldnt it stand to reason that if they are getting better and better on E* with content they would also do the same on D*?
I guess im a little confused by your statement about the bandwidth not being there to begin with.

D* and limited bandwidth no longer go together. If your reasoning is true then why did they add 13 movie channels? why did they add Smithsonian channel? Science? Discovery? (the list can go on and on) Food network and National Geo have been shown on the test channels. Try again t3

And premiums movie channel.

Dish has 9 HD PPVs.

DirecTV has the west coast feeds, The Movie Channel, Sho Too, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, and Starz Kids and Family.

I know which is a better deal for my money.

Well overall, doesnt E* have the most premium SD movie Channels right now? After all is said and done and all of E*'s SD premiums are made HD wont E* still beat D* in the long run in that area? Or is D* planning on expanding their premium offerings to include HBO Comedy, etc.

Well overall, doesnt E* have the most premium SD movie Channels right now? After all is said and done and all of E*'s SD premiums are made HD wont E* still beat D* in the long run in that area? Or is D* planning on expanding their premium offerings to include HBO Comedy, etc.
Who knows if all SD premium content will go HD. Hasnt been announced. Sure its possible, but its also blind speculation

I am staying around for a while. We are planing on buying a new house in the next few years. If NESN HD is not available by then I will have to make the switch.

I have this funny felling that I will be have to make the switch.

I was with you about sticking around, but I just am such a huge baseball fan and NFL fan. I will certainly be getting D* in December when my contract with dish runs out. I love my 622's, but I also love full rez HD, sports, and my locals in HD...can the HR20 be that different?

I just want to be able to watch NESN HD for the sox games next year or even just with MLB EI.....Then next year I can get Superfan......

Not having TBS HD for the playoffs this year truly sucks! I think Dish really dropped the ball on this. For me, it was a sign that sports is kinda important, but not Dish's mainstream.

D* is the place for sports and I am a sport fanatic! Go SOx!

In the long run everything evens out. In the near term, Dish's HD capacity expansion plans are seemingly on hold due to launch delays out of their control. They are only so many channels they can add currently without delving into unprecedented depths of HD-lite.

Need my 622

Most of my HD watching is on the network's. With all of the new shows and season premiers, having the ability to record 3 HD feeds at a time is invaluable. Nothing new on D at this time would make it worth giving up my 622 for.