Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Well it appears someone let our resident Virginia Tech fan out to go around disliking my posts because I disliked this one. :rolleyes: Oh well perhaps if they can beat a Big East team and get above .500 before their bowl game this year, he'll lighten up. ;)

Don't do that nonsense of "disliking" my posts then, I'm not posting here as a CFB fan but a customer and a technician so lets not go there - save it for the sports section.

Don't do that nonsense of "disliking" my posts then, I'm not posting here as a CFB fan but a customer and a technician so lets not go there - save it for the sports section.

Hey, I don't care two bits about CFB, but as a customer, I also didn't care for that post he disliked, either. Don't be volunteering to jack my bill up $5 just so you get what you want.

Hey, I don't care two bits about CFB, but as a customer, I also didn't care for that post he disliked, either. Don't be volunteering to jack my bill up $5 just so you get what you want.
Wait... if we increase just your bill by $5, then everyone else can get ESPNU in HD? Seems like an agreeable proposal to me.

Me disliking your post had to do with the FACT, unlike you I don't want to pay any more for those sports channels and I sure as h*ll am not willing to pay a 100% increase just to get one channel in HD.

Now if you want to go around acting like a 2 year old disliking all my posts from the last week again, go ahead. The rest of us adults will keep discussing the original topic and I'm sure like or dislike several posts in the process.

Me disliking your post had to do with the FACT, unlike you I don't want to pay any more for those sports channels and I sure as h*ll am not willing to pay a 100% increase just to get one channel in HD.

Now if you want to go around acting like a 2 year old disliking all my posts from the last week again, go ahead. The rest of us adults will keep discussing the original topic and I'm sure like or dislike several posts in the process.

Again, my post was related to paying more for ONLY those channels, I'd welcome it if I could get those I wanted in full HD. As far as the dislike bs, don't start the process then and be that Adult you speak of...its childish to even do and a function that shouldn't even be here IMO.

Well I agree that this is a lose-lose situation where both companies take a financial hit. ESPN gets huge dollars as it's the #1 sports network in the US, and Dish is the #2 satellite provider in the US and one of the big players in the paid TV business. A dispute always hurts both companies as the company that owns the networks lose dollars in ad revenue that companies pay for local ad breaks and people not being able to see the network to motivate them to purchase what the ads selling and it's the cable/satellite compaines as it causes mass customer defections to another company for TV services.

So in others words, in the story posted a couple of pages back in this thread, Dish is hinting that they will have to settle if they have to in order to keep the Disney/ESPN owned channels on Dish's lineup and regain those channels they lost in the past and channels that have launched on other cable/satellite TV companies that will not launch on Dish until dispute with Disney is settled in court.

I hope if this dispute is settled, Dish gets the Longhorn Network as well as keep the currently still on the lineup Disney/ESPN owned channels and regain ESPNEWS HD, ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD and Disney XD HD as well as get ESPNU HD.

Again, my post was related to paying more for ONLY those channels, I'd welcome it if I could get those I wanted in full HD. As far as the dislike bs, don't start the process then and be that Adult you speak of...its childish to even do and a function that shouldn't even be here IMO.

Are you always this positive,or are you having a merrier than normal day?:rolleyes:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]in 2010, 1.6 million viewers were watching [ESPN Classic] for at least six minutes a month.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So, about 8 out of 9 subs couldn't even find 6 minutes to watch it? And 6 minutes is seriously the measurement? [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If Disney thinks this shows how watched it is, they are being ridiculous [/FONT]

I'm pretty sure after this trial ends, could take months and could very well take em til September which ESPN's tv deal with Dish expires, they will settle a brand new set of tv deal and I'm sure having HD back on Disney channels & ESPN are being arrange as well...count on it!!

I'm pretty sure after this trial ends, could take months and could very well take em til September which ESPN's tv deal with Dish expires, they will settle a brand new set of tv deal and I'm sure having HD back on Disney channels & ESPN are being arrange as well...count on it!!

...and out bills going up majorly in January (again) to pay for it

I hope if this dispute is settled, Dish gets the Longhorn Network as well as keep the currently still on the lineup Disney/ESPN owned channels and regain ESPNEWS HD, ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD and Disney XD HD as well as get ESPNU HD.
Sorry, but I hope that the Longhorn Network dies a quick and expensive death. It's terrible enough that pro sports teams are starting up single teams RSNs, but it will be much worse if major colleges decide it's time to start their own RSN and charge large amounts of money for it. Soon you would see expensive RSNs for Texas / Alabama / Auburn / Oklahoma / Ohio State / Michigan / USC / UCLA / Florida / Georgia / LSU / etc. etc. etc.

We have too many sports networks already, please don't wish for more. And this is coming from a big college sports fan.

Sorry, but I hope that the Longhorn Network dies a quick and expensive death. It's terrible enough that pro sports teams are starting up single teams RSNs, but it will be much worse if major colleges decide it's time to start their own RSN and charge large amounts of money for it. Soon you would see expensive RSNs for Texas / Alabama / Auburn / Oklahoma / Ohio State / Michigan / USC / UCLA / Florida / Georgia / LSU / etc. etc. etc.

We have too many sports networks already, please don't wish for more. And this is coming from a big college sports fan.

Although I agree with you, you won't see those individual college nets for the foreseeable future.

Other than the Big 12, the major individual conferences have all sold their Tier 3 rights for the next 10 years. The Big 10 and Pac 12 have sold their rights to their respective conference networks. ESPN controls The ACC's and the SEC's will be going to the soon to launch ESPN controlled SEC Network. Most of the Big 12 schools (OU, OSU, Ttech,TCU) have been picked up by Fox to be put on the regional RSN's. The smaller colleges just don't have enough of a following to justify the costs, so other than Notre Dame, I wouldn't expect to see any schools try and launch their own sports network.

I agree though, it is ridiculous that teams think they need their own networks and it needs to end.