Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Dish appeals...

They really want that $150 Million. From MediaPost:

Dish Network is continuing with a federal case against ESPN, appealing a February verdict where a jury awarded it nearly $5 million. But the satellite operator was seeking around $150 million.

And on a side note:

The federal case isn't the only one Dish has been pursuing against ESPN and parent Disney. A New York state case took another turn this week as an appeals court turned aside a Dish motion that it is owed $56 million, regarding carriage of multiple Disney HD feeds. Litigation Daily reported Dish had paid the money to ESPN after a court loss, but wanted to reclaim it. Still, claims on both sides could be wiped away by mutual agreement in the pre-September carriage bargaining, where there will be no judge or jury.

http://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...prelude-to-espn-main-event.html#axzz2PRnH9Bj0

So by the sound of things it will not be pretty come september...which just happens to be the start of football season

It sounds like we will lose Disney channels but for how long???

Does anyone think that dish will be able to keep the channels and reach an agreement???

So by the sound of things it will not be pretty come september...which just happens to be the start of football season

It sounds like we will lose Disney channels but for how long???

Does anyone think that dish will be able to keep the channels and reach an agreement???

I do think they will come to an agreement.Joe Clayton stated back in Feb,that the checkbooks were open.The loss of both ESPN and the Disney channels would cause a mass exodus from Dish.I'm sure they know what's on the line.

I am not worried. I just wish it would get done sooner rather than later.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I do think they will come to an agreement.Joe Clayton stated back in Feb,that the checkbooks were open.The loss of both ESPN and the Disney channels would cause a mass exodus from Dish.I'm sure they know what's on the line.

Well that makes me feel a little better...I hope things do work out...

I agree that they need to get things worked out sooner but with this court battle going on I wonder if anyone will have hard feelings and/or try to be a hard @$$ if and/or when this battle comes down to the expiration date

My prediction is that Dish and Disney will work out a deal. Auto hop will remain and finally HD will return to Disney channels. I could of course be wrong, but given the amount of money involved, I predict some sort of deal will be made. Perhaps Auto hop could be delayed on ABC another day or so....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)