Dish HD vs. HD-DVD/Blu-Ray

what u really

I have both Blu-Ray through the PS3 and HD-DVD through the XBOX360. I don't know if the XBOX offers the best possible HD-DVD quality but it is definitely better than the Dish HD content if only a little. My comparison there is Smallville which I get on HD-DVD through Netflix and compare to the Dish feed on HDNET. Blu-Ray, on the other hand, blows both of them away. The difference is especially noticeable when playing standard definition dics on the two systems, Blu-Ray wins that battle also.

My TV is a 70" Sony with 1080p. The PS3 has HDMI outputs while the XBOX offers only component.

what u really got to do is compare the hd dvd player and the blue ray player and then you will see which one looks better and trust me it aint the blue ray

Some have commented here that "Disk" is better than DISH if only marginally. Is that because DISH is doing that good of a job or that the medium of "Disk" has not been fully optimized/utilized as of yet?

Some have commented here that "Disk" is better than DISH if only marginally. Is that because DISH is doing that good of a job or that the medium of "Disk" has not been fully optimized/utilized as of yet?

If you're only seeing a marginal difference your display isn't good enough. On a large and high quality display the improvement could be compared to the difference between going from Dish SD to DVD. On a smaller or lower quality display the realizable difference might only be comparable from going from a letterbox to an anamorphic DVD.

And PQ on recent releases is about the same on HD-DVD and Blu-ray. The BD camp released some poorly done titles early on, but current releases use 2 layers and/or improved codecs.

622 and hdmi reciever

622 and hdmi reciever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts