Dish HD vs Voom HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Amphicar770 said:
As oppossed to what? The wealth of HD offerings on DISH?

If you are serious about HD there are currently two options. VOOM and cable. DISH has become the last place player in the HD race.

Finally, with $1 for a three room setup what is the risk? If they go bust you are left with an installed OTA antenna and 3 leased boxes that could be used as HD OTA tuners. The other providers would probably be making all sorts of sweet deals to sign you up. And the risk is ...?

I concur..Although Voom is probably history, they are absolutely the best HD provider. I have been with Voom since March after switching from D*. It is no comparison...They have far more HD channels, that no other provider comes even close. You owe it to yourself to give them a try while they are still sending a signal. Sign up with Voom so you can personally experience having so many more HD channels to choose from.

Don't bother switching unless you don't care about locals and if you do you get excellent reception in your area. I just switched from Voom to E* because we can't get our installer to figure out how to get locals. Everyone else in the area gets them but us. I will miss RUSH HD and RAVE but most of the programming is looped. If you are super rich and want to pay for both it is worth it but not for us poor folks. Nice try Voom hope E* uses your satellite well.

If everyone in your area was getting their locals, you should have gotten another installer. There are many incompetent installers out there. I still say Voom is KING when it comes to HD!

joep said:
If everyone in your area was getting their locals, you should have gotten another installer. There are many incompetent installers out there. I still say Voom is KING when it comes to HD!

Maybe so, but the king is dead. Still, I hope E* will purchase some of their programming - I'll take any HD I can get . . . cheaply.

I think Chalie should do a survey of his existing HD customers and see if they would be willing to pay more for an enhanced HD channel Package. If Chalie has 10 Million customers and 10% of them have HD pack (TNT/HDNETx2/DHD/ESPN/OTA_locals) and hallf of that 10% is willing to pay $10 to $20 more a month for a HD Pack+ service that has an additional 21-26 HD channels (Voom21, starz/max/UHD/TMC/encore).

That would be 500,000 HD subs x $15/month increase = $7.5 Million extra a month.

Something to think about Charlie!!!!!!!

To save bandwitdh they could Reduce the Voom21 down to Voom10 (combine the 10 movie chanels down to 2 to reduce repeats/loops, combine Gallery/Auction/Ultra into 1 channel. Monsters, Rush, Rave, Anamania, HDNEWS, Equator, WordSport deserve their dedicated channels! Get rid of Moov dedicated channel and maybe play 3 minute Moov videos during intermision breaks on the movie channels).

VOOM could not get the Sub numbers to make the extended HD program package a profitable business, But with the amount of subs DishNetwork or DirecTV have i can't see why either of them could not make an extended 40+ channel package profitable. I know that i would be willing to pay the extra $10 to $20 a month to Dish or direcTV for an extended higher level of HD service. Charge $10 month for the 5-10 HD channels, and offer an advanced HD service for $20-30 a month.

chucksrt said:
I was thinking of Voom but decided against it when I researched it. I have heard their HD programs are pretty much in continuous loop and what programing they have on those channels are a bore. I have also heard that their HD receiver locks up constantly and when you need tech support (which I hear you will often) it is near impossible to get it. I like the way Voom thinks as far as keeping ahead on HD programing but there are one too many kinks to work out for my taste and their base package cost a bit more than Dish. That is why I decided to go with old faithful and get Dish.
Chuck
Chuck,

Go with Voom, Don't only take my word for it, see the attached link for how adored Voom really is...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=44089

It is is worth it, at least you're able to enjoy Voom while they are stil sending a signal. If you have not experience Voom, do yourself and your HDTV a favor, an experience it...I am telling you there is no comparison when comparing Voom to D*, E* or cable.

Are you kidding?

There's no DVR. They've been sold off - in pieces. There is absolutely no way realistically that they will continue. Dish bought the sat, but not the programming or the customers. Why spend money and time now on a system that the entire universe knows is dead?

AND... Yes, there is more content. But, having looked at PQ, I've got to say that I was not impressed with the picture quality on Voom at all. It seemed to be HD in name only when compared to Dish or Cable. Can't speak for Direct.

joep said:
It is is worth it, at least you're able to enjoy Voom while they are stil sending a signal. If you have not experience Voom, do yourself and your HDTV a favor, an experience it...I am telling you there is no comparison when comparing Voom to D*, E* or cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts