Dish Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
I thought Dish HD was everything except the premiums. I actually considered going back to Dish for the Dish HD but I see it is missing many of the channels offered in the Dish Ultimate pack. I thought the whole point was that you could just subscribe to Dish HD service and get them all, like USA HD, Sci-fi, etc... I mean come on, by the time you add in two 722 HD-DVR equpipment rentals and taxes, $30 turns into a lot more.

Am I wrong. Does Dish HD carry all the channels and just not show it?

I actually considered signing back up with them and moving Starz and Cinemax back over to them too. My cable company is missing Starz HD and Cinemax HD (and the new ones of course).

What gives?

I thought Dish HD was everything except the premiums. I actually considered going back to Dish for the Dish HD but I see it is missing many of the channels offered in the Dish Ultimate pack. I thought the whole point was that you could just subscribe to Dish HD service and get them all, like USA HD, Sci-fi, etc... I mean come on, by the time you add in two 722 HD-DVR equpipment rentals and taxes, $30 turns into a lot more.

Am I wrong. Does Dish HD carry all the channels and just not show it?

I actually considered signing back up with them and moving Starz and Cinemax back over to them too. My cable company is missing Starz HD and Cinemax HD (and the new ones of course).

What gives?
I got HD only package and I am getting all HD channels except HBO and Showtime (because they are premium) otherwise I get everything including USA HD, SCIFI etc.

I got HD only package and I am getting all HD channels except HBO and Showtime (because they are premium) otherwise I get everything including USA HD, SCIFI etc.

My mistake. I just happened to look at the Dish HD page on the Dish site while they were in the process of putting the icons in for all the new channels. So they were missing a bunch. I had gone to this page after reading that the Voom channels were cut down to five.

Now they are all there.....

DISH Network -- Dish HD

Why after updating the dishHD package did they STILL leave the Big Ten Network icon up there??? You can't get it from everything I have heard/read.

Good question! After pulling the 10 Voom channels they should put the BTN back into this package!

The deal with the Big Ten Network is it is part of the package should you live in a state with a Big Ten team in it with the exception of a couple of cities. Otherwise it is treated like an out of market rsn, meaning you have to pay for it in order to get it. Everyone had it as a Free Preview for the first year.

If you can find the original press release when BTN was launched, it was clearly stated is was on Free Preview for the first year. Until the contract with BTN changes, if you want it, you have to pay for it.

I know and understand, but the question is why would they leave it up on the dishHD package page as an offered channel after updating the other ones? Doesn't it become false advertising after you leave it up way past it's expiration? I would have thought they would have taken it off the dishHD immediately, but SURELY after doing other updates to the page they should have removed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)