Dish Hdmi 61"

so with the 211 i wont receive dish channels? what is the difference between the 622 and the 211?

Yes, the 211 will receive all Dish channels that you subscribe to (MPEG 2 or MPEG 4). Only the 211, 411 and 622 can receive the new MPEG 4 HD channels. The difference between them is that the 211 and 411 are just regular boxes while the 622 is a DVR.

the 61" samsung 1080P is what the dish will be hooking up to. I have ordered the HDMI cable from monoprice. its male to male correct? I have also picked up some component cables and an optical cable for the dvd/vcr combo. I am sure that will work well instead of running the RCA connection that i am using now.

NitrousGT said:
the 61" samsung 1080P is what the dish will be hooking up to. I have ordered the HDMI cable....

I have also picked up some component cables and an optical cable ....
Since you will have both sets of cables, you might want to compare picture quality for each plugged into your Dish receiver.

are all component cables the same? some are $29.99 and some are $89.99, are the $89.99 that much better? I want to use them to conenct the DVD to the HDTV, and are the HDMI cables the same or do the more expensive sets (monster cable) display a better picture?

are those components cable the right ones on the link or are those RCA cables? a bit confused because it says RCA components.

As nobody more knowledgable than i has responded.
They are component. You can generally tell, because they are color coded, red green and blue. Im sure someone will say that it doesnt mean anything but that is the basic convention. I think RCA in this case refers to the actual connectors on the end of the cables nothing else.